It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2006, 03:41 PM   #1
(female)

Sophia917 HB User
Gas/Bloating with PMS

Does anyone else have excessive gas/constipation in the days leading up to their period? I've had this for years, and I'm trying not to totally revolt the new guy I'm dating. Is there a medication for this? I thought I saw an ad on tv for a PMS pill that aleviates gas and bloating (Rx only, I think) -- does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2006, 04:09 PM   #2
(female)

RiAnne HB User
Re: Gas/Bloating with PMS

i don't get bloating but i get the gas. BAD gas. it's kind of funny actually. but not when you're dating a new guy. i've been with my boyfriend for awhile so it isn't so bad. i've never taken any medicine for it though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2006, 09:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia917
Does anyone else have excessive gas/constipation in the days leading up to their period? I've had this for years, and I'm trying not to totally revolt the new guy I'm dating. Is there a medication for this? I thought I saw an ad on tv for a PMS pill that aleviates gas and bloating (Rx only, I think) -- does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks

There are several over-the-counter remedies for gas and constipation. Gas aids usually have simethicone (such is Gas-X), and fiber therapies (Metamucil, FiberCon, etc) can help the constipation. If your cycle is regular, you can even start them a day or two before you know that your period is due.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:50 PM   #4
(female)

FlorenceC HB User

Oddly, I seem to experience the exact opposite . . . well at least the exact opposite of constipation . . . my friends also . . . we call them the P.S.'s . . . I'm sure you can figure that out . . . lol . . . but try taking some BEANO or Gas-X . . . maybe that would help

Closed Thread