It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2006, 10:13 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

jahidas1 HB User
Douching for BV

I have heard that certain douches, such as vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and especially grapeseed extract restores the ph balance in your vagina. However, I haven't heard anyone mention it. Has anyone ever tried this? Did it work? Thanks!

Old 04-28-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
(female)

crimsonrose HB User
Re: Douching for BV

I wouldn't douche at all. It's not healthy for you. The douche will make your problem worse, believe me. See a doc, get some antibiotics, wear cotton underwear, don't wear underwear to bed, wash in that area with a mild soap and make sure to rinse it off well, wipe from front to back... These should all help you get rid of BV.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2006, 08:22 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jahidas1 HB User

Thanks, Crimson. It's just that I heard that there have been studies on using grapeseed extract douches for treating BV. I was just wondering if anyone heard of this. As for now, I am going to eat alot of yogurt each day starting NOW!

Old 04-29-2006, 04:04 AM   #4
(female)

crimsonrose HB User

jahidas,

I haven't heard of grapeseed exract douches for BV. Anyone else? I just always thought douches in any form were bad. Eating yogurt sounds like a great idea!! That should help for sure.

Good luck!!

Old 09-26-2006, 07:59 PM   #5
(female)

RiAnne HB User

im going to try to douche with 1 pint water and 1/4 cup baking soda. i read it somewhere. hopefully it'll work. i've been dealing with this mess since summer of '05. every medication i've tried from the doctor has either not worked or given me a severe yeast infection. then the doctor give me diflucan to clear the yeast infection. then 2 or 3 days later the yeast infection is gone and the BV is back. do i have to go to medical school just to figure out how to get rid of BV? is it really that complicated? people have figured out how to do the craziest things in life but they can't figure out how to get a woman back to her normal PH balance. i just don't understand.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:56 AM   #6
(female)

Kickle HB User

Hydrogen peroxide douches has worked great for me. The Lactobicillis (sp) actually produces hydrogen peroxide naturally in your vagina. That is what keeps the pH at a healthy level and keeps infection away. Sperm actually has a very high pH and if you are prone to infections, it helps.

Research has found that hydrogen peroxide 30 cc intravaginally daily for seven days is very effective and almost certainly better than metronidazole. The same is true of yogurt. Interestingly, Lactobacilli produce hydrogen peroxide.

Vaginal infections are related to excess progestin. Recurrent infections may be prevented by switching to a less progestational product.

So many things or a combination of things can contribute to infections. I personnally hate the antibiotics they give you for BV. It made me worse in the long run. Good luck.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:48 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

Tea tree oil. Put a few drops in a squirt bottle with warm water and use every time you have to use the bathroom. It has a tingly sensation but it works well.
Also Acidphilous(sp?) pills are good to take.
Make sure you were loose clothes so your area can breathe.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #8
(female)

xtrish2002 HB User

I tried the tea tree oil a couple of times after using hydrogen peroxide and it seemed to make an even better improvement than just the peroxide alone. But the only thing is the tea tree oil smells SOOOO bad and the smell sticks with forever until you use the peroxide again. I even used it as a diluted douche and the smell was just as bad. But again i did see an improvement so maybe it's worth it.

I've heard you can put a few drops of tea tree oil on a tampon and insert it for 8 hours at a time then repeat. I haven't tried that but it's supposed to have excellent antibiotic capabilities so you never know.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:32 PM   #9
(female)

ilovemydogs HB User

I was told to use a medicated douche like you buy at the store. It's got iodine or betadine in it, (something brown). It worked for me. I've only had BV once though.

That's for bacterial V, if you've got a yeast infection, the medicated douche will make that worse.

Xtrish, have you ever applied straight Tea Tree oil to your skin, like, for acne? It BURNS, it's very strong stuff. I couldn't imagine putting it on a tampon. OUCH!

Old 10-03-2006, 05:37 PM   #10
(female)

timetoreclaim HB User

I really swear by the tea tree oil soap to keep this stuff at bay. I never did use it to douche though because I just don't. I had yeast, then Bv, then after the metrogel I ended up swollen so bad I could barely stand to wear any clothes and ended up with the yeast again so I used the yeast cream one last time and started on the soap and I havent had any problems since.

Closed Thread