It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2006, 05:44 AM   #1
(female)

cinnammonstix HB User
Thrush

First of all hi guys im new to this board i hope you can help me

ok, i think ive got thrush, but im not sure. There is a yukky white lumpy discharge around my vagina and its a bit itchy. the inner lips are also a bit swollen and red. Ive read about thrush and it does sound like the symptoms but some articles said it might be a sign of HIV! I dont think thats likely. I havent had sex for about 3 weeks and ive only just noticed the symptoms in the last few days. If i described these symptoms to a doctor do you think shed know it was thrush or not? or would she need to look at it (how embarrassing). Or can i just get something over the counter at a pharmacy and not see the doctor at all? Ive never had thrush before so i dont really know how its treated or anything.

If anyone can help me i would appreciate it thanks

Old 05-03-2006, 06:15 AM   #2
(female)

Rosie100 HB User
Re: Thrush

It does sound like thrush to me, I have had it before. It can be triggered by lots of things like wearing tight thongs, the contraceptive pill and just a change in the pH balance in your vagina. As it is the first time you have had it, it is best to go to the doctor and get it checked out. If that isnt possible, things like canesten cream and pesseries are available over the counter which do generally get rid of it. Try to avoid wearing tampons and tight clothes, wear cotton underwear and avoid using soaps and bubblebaths that might irritate it. keep yourself cool, clean and dry down there and dont worry about it! It is a very common irritation, all my girlfriends have had it atleast once! i hope this helps. Rosie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread