It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
(female)

tinkerbell1981 HB User
Late period .. vaginal odor .. any clue?

I'm not sure what is goin on and I was wondering if any of you ladies might have had a similar experience!?

I am late with my period. I'm on day 46. I have never went over day 37, ever! I have took several pregnancy tests and they have all been negative. I have had period like cramping the past 2 weeks sometimes its pretty severe but then within an hour or so the cramping disappears and I never end up with it anyhow.
I'm also experiencing vaginal odor which is very unpleasant the smell of it is very hard to explain...It's not like a fishy odor nor is it like a normal vaginal odor about the best way to describe it would be a very very bad case of body odor almost.
I have a clear discharge with it, nothing with color tho.
Any clue what this might be or how to treat it?
There is a possibility of pregnancy; We were trying, but had gave up!
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User
Re: Late period .. vaginal odor .. any clue?

You don't say how old you are...could you be old enough to be starting perimenopause? That is around 36 to 40 yrs old. You have ovalated, but if your hormones are not giving you enough estrogen you could be having what I call a phantom period. You will get all the signs and the discharge that you are describing, but no blood.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2006, 10:29 AM   #3
(female)

tinkerbell1981 HB User

I'm 25 yrs old.

Can BV (bacterial vaginitis...sp?) cause missed period?

Old 05-07-2006, 10:52 AM   #4
(female)

Cindy_S74 HB User

I think it can. I have had BV for over 2 years now. I was over 2.5 months late and went to the doctor. He gave me a prescription for the BV and within 3 days I had started.

Old 05-07-2006, 11:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User

Sorry I answered you as if you were in perimenopause. Yes, it is possiblably BV. Time to make an appointment so you know for sure.
Good luck!

Old 05-08-2006, 03:24 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

hevinly HB User

It could be a yeast infection. I've been trying to get rid of an yeast infection for a long time now and since I got it I have had a lot of late periods. Some were even up to two weeks late. Like you I kept taking pregnancy tests also since I was getting worked up and thought the stress could of been causing it to be more late. I also get the cramping usually before my period too. Right now I'm late again but been trying not to start thinking I'm pregnant. If I don't start by the end of the week I might end up getting a test just to be sure.

Closed Thread