It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
(female)

stoutheart HB User
Unhappy Period after Lupron

Hello,

I've been on Lupron for 6 months and now waiting for af to arrive. Has anyone else been on it and what were your periods like after Lupron?

Lupron deprives your body of estrogen which makes your lining thin (my doctor said my lining was at 4mm from a ultrasound). Is that thick or thin? Will that determine what kind of period I will have? It's been years since I had a normal af. How long should it last??

I was on it because I had a large fibroid that was removed on October. I had been bleeding for a year straight and they never did anything but give me bcp. Finally after 3 transfusions 4 different kinds of bcp and a trip to the ER they finally found it and removed it.

I'm not looking forward to af but I want to ttc soon so I guess I need af back to ttc.

Thanks for any help/prayers/advice,

Heidi

Last edited by stoutheart; 05-11-2006 at 02:44 PM.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:17 AM   #2

jazzz29 HB User
Re: Period after Lupron

I have done the lupron once before and am just waiting for my first period afterwards. The first time after the lupron wore off took about 2 - 3 months of feeling wierd until my body started to come out of menopause. Lupron was so drastic while coming out is natural, not an injection. The first couple of periods were really light and only a few days long. I was on the injections for 7 months for endometriosis and adenomyosis. This time I am only taking 3 months of injections and the lupron is wearing off starting now. What kind of side effects did you have?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #3
(female)

stoutheart HB User

I have gained some weight and have soreness in my joints but other than that it's been great not to have a period. So your periods were only a few days long for the first 3 months. Was it a heavy flow, then lighter? Did they get heavier after 3 months?

When was your last injection? Did you get the once a month or the 3 month? I had 2 of the 3-month.

Now I'm praying that it won't be like it was and that I will only bleed for a week out of the month instead of all month all year long.....

Old 05-15-2006, 08:02 AM   #4

jazzz29 HB User

My last injection was 3 months ago. I just started my bc on Saturday and I will take it continuously this time. My periods were very light and short after the lupron. Before my first round of the lupron injections 2 years ago I would bleed for months on end and sometimes it would be light and others flooding so I really had good luck on the bleeding issue after the lupron.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:34 AM   #5
(female)

stoutheart HB User

Sounds like you got your injection when I did, January. I wanted to get another injection but my gyn said no. He knows I would like to try and get pg this year since I'm getting older and don't have alot of time left. I'm just so afraid of the bleeding but I know it's natural. Not knowing is the hardest thing. I guess if it goes on and on, then I will call him and get in to see him. I would definately go on it again if I have to.

I would like to go on bcps too, but if I want to ttc, obviously I can't.

Well if you are taking them continuously, then no periods for you. I heard that's good for people with endo. No paid with periods.

Good Luck~~

Closed Thread