It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
(female)

wickettandhoney HB User
excess breast tissue and embarrassing?

Hello, I was wondering if any of you have or know about excess breast tissue near the under arm? It's embarrassing and I can't wear swimsuits or tank tops without it sticking out, and it causes me to sweat through a lot of clothes.
Has anybody ever heard of this?
:-/

The following user gives a hug of support to wickettandhoney:
cenna (01-28-2012)
Old 05-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
(female)

ElfieNLynx HB User
Re: excess breast tissue and embarrassing?

I thought I was the only one!!! I've been looking everywhere for someone who has the same problem as I do. I think I got mine from my breast getting smaller after I stopped breastfeeding.
I know what you mean about it being embarrassing, I add that to the list of things I hate about my body. The funny thing is I never saw anyone like me, fat or thin, tall or short, big breast or little breast...no one has this but me...so I thought.

Like you I don't know how to get rid of it, but I'm guessing that if I tone my arms and breast area with push-ups and upper body exercises that there might be ~ PRAY TO GOD~ a chance of decreasing it or getting rid of it forever!!! If not I am eventually going to be getting a breast augmentation so I think that might help a little bit, but I'm not getting it for that reason, that is just too drastic for such a situation.

Though you did make me happy knowing that other people have this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #3
(female)

wickettandhoney HB User

ohhh!! It's so nice to know that someone else shares this problem..

I'll keep looking out for some info.
thanks!

Old 05-20-2006, 09:10 AM   #4
(female)

azaleas HB User

when I was pregnant my left unmderarm puffed up and got really fat. My doctor told me it was breast tissue. Luckily when I stopped nursing it went to normal and both underarms are normal size. So I guess I have breast tissue there too.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:10 AM   #5
(female)

phyedteacher HB User

I visited my doctor yesterday and discovered that I too have excessive breast tissue under my right arm. I thought it might be a cancerous lump...an infected lymph node...something other than what we might call---a 3rd boob! I laughed of course, but now have had time to process what this thing really is. My doctor said it could go away by itself after my pregnancy and after my milk comes in. However, if it doesn't, he recommended lyposuction. I'm going to do a little more research. If anyone finds out anything let me know. Thank you!

Closed Thread