It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

candyheart48 HB User
stop my period early... please!!!

Is there any way to speed up your period or stop it completely just using organic/herbal or over the counter remedies? i am open to any ideas there are...

Old 05-25-2006, 10:38 AM   #2
(female)

Boukensha HB User
Re: stop my period early... please!!!

even if you could do this (and I dont know of a way) it wouldnt be that good for your body. Once you start a cycle of cleaning out your uterus (period) it probably wouldnt be good for you just to stop having a period cold turkey, if it is even possible. The only way I know to miss a period is to be on birthcontrol pills and do not take the placebos...
if you are worried about having a period for during sex, (this may not be the reason at all..) there is this new things at walmart (I think they have it there) that is somewhat like a litte cup that you insert in your vagina that covers your cervix. It is used for sex when you are on your period...
anyways..dont know if that helped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2006, 02:22 PM   #3
(female)

FUNNEWFIE HB User

That is just nasty... There are reasons why we are intended to have periods. Let your body work the way it is suppose too...

Old 05-25-2006, 04:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I don't think there is a way.. I agree that the best way is to be on birth control pills and to skip your period or delay it when you need to (not EVERY time though!). I do this when going on vacation or trips.

I have never tried those cups.. but I heard those are good for people who want to have sex during their period and not be bleeding.. but I'm not sure how long it can hold the blood up for anyway.. and it sounds like it would be messy to use.

Old 05-27-2006, 03:59 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

angel_light HB User

Yea, that sounds messy. I have actually had sex and gotten my period before and it was messy. Just something that is not comfy.

I have no clue how to stop your period. If you are on BC. You could start your next pack early that may help.

Old 05-28-2006, 04:53 AM   #6
(female)

stoopid1 HB User
Talking Re: stop my period early... please!!!

well for those of you who said that its not good for ur body to stop ur period...it doesnt effect ur body at all. we all know why we get periods. and stopping them does no harm watsoever. I chose to stop my periods a long time ago cos they were so painful and disrupting my every day life. I take birthcontrol pills every day of the month with no break. I had consulted my GP about it first and after being told no harm wud come...i started my course of birth control pills....and my body is absolutely fine and i have no periods.

The only thing my GP said was, if i was thinking about a baby, i should take the pills as normal (3 weeks on, 1 week for period) for 6months to let my body get into its natural flow to prepare for a baby.

hope this is helpful candy_heart!

Old 05-31-2006, 10:28 AM   #7
(female)

FlorenceC HB User

Well isn't the Depo shot good for that . . . or how about that new pill that makes it so that you only get your period every 3 months . . . that's not COMPLETELY gone but hey that is one hell of an improvement. I'm not sure what it is called but they have commercials for it so it shouldn't be hard to figure out. Good Luck

Closed Thread