It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2006, 09:41 PM   #1
(female)

qwerty3 HB User
Ingrown hair, bump won't go away..

I have "down there" and first, I seem to get a lot of red bumps especially around the bikini line. And I get a lot of them, and bleed when I shave and the hair is not that long...does anyone have any suggestions on not getting so many bumps (i use bikini zone and it seems to help a bit).

my second question is..I have this bump..its sort of like raised skin, like a mole thing?? its from shaving i know but it wont go away and its been a good month. any suggestions on what it is and how to get rid of it? please!! thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2006, 05:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: Ingrown hair, bump won't go away..

I will share a tip that I recently got

Neosporin! Once you have the little bumps on the bikini area, not the under area, after your daily shower/bath, rub some Neosporin really good into your skin. Again, don't let it get down to any openings, just on the front of your pelvis. After one day of trying this, my bumps/scabs were about 75 percent better. After doing this two or three days (once a day), the bumps were gone.

As far as keeping them from coming back when you shave again, I don't know what to say. They keep coming back for me no matter what I try. If I only shave the itty-bitty area where my thighs meet the front of my pelvis or anywhere "underneath," I'm fine, but as soon as I shave anything more in the "big bush" on the front, I break out horribly. For me, I might just stop shaving the front pelvic area. It hurts with all the bumps/scabs, and DH doesn't really like the front shaved.

If you have an aloe plant or access to one or 100 percent pure aloe (can be gotten in the refrigerated section of a health food store in a brown bottle), I've read that can help the bumps if you rub some on right after you shave. Once the bumps appear, tho, Neosporin helped me tremendously.

Good Luck

P.S. For the mole/ingrown hair, if it's like a sore, big pimple/cysty type thing, you can try putting a hot compress on it when you shower. You'll need to do this daily until it comes to a head and breaks on its own. It may work; it may not. I had a small cyst appear last summer that I waited about three months before getting checked out just to be safe. The compresses did not help that one, but they've helped others clear up I've gotten over the years.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-02-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2006, 06:08 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Dan_Sims HB User

qwerty3, do you shower first then shave.
Thats the best way to shave.
Then after you shave. Use a body lotion.

Old 05-27-2006, 07:23 PM   #4
(female)

qwerty3 HB User

I will try to neosporin! Yes I shave while I am in the shower and when I am in the shower I use usually a fresh razor and shaving cream. Any advice on things to use IN or WHILE im shaving? Also, I will be trying this neosporin for awhile but I think I'll use the bikini zone still too. Will it help even if I put the neosporin on at a different tiem of the day instead of right after i shave or i shower (b/c i amy use the bikin zone then, then the neosporin later on). THANKS

Last edited by Administrator; 11-02-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Old 05-27-2006, 10:21 PM   #5

thelms_ HB User

try a brazilian wax! i will never shave again.

Old 05-28-2006, 08:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

GoldenMom HB User

I use a battery operated "personal shaver." It cuts the hair really short, but not short enough to cause bumps. Not sure if that helps!

Old 05-28-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
(female)

qwerty3 HB User

Do most salons give braz. waxes? How much do you pay..how long does it stay smooth?...wow lots of questions..lol

Old 05-30-2006, 01:50 AM   #8

thelms_ HB User

I'm in Australia and most salons here do, just make sure they use proper brazilian hot wax and not strip wax! It takes a couple of times for your hair to get use to it... first time it lasted a week with nothing at all, now up to 2 weeks but the hair is getting finer and lesser the more times i go (approx every 6 weeks). I pay AU$35 if that helps!

Old 05-31-2006, 11:09 AM   #9
(female)

qwerty3 HB User

So Im sort of embarrassed the go into a salon to do it, especially with this bump-type thing on me! Has anyone used any self-wax ones?..so you're saying with each time you go it stays smoother longer?

Also, I still ahve this bump type thing..it sorta is like a raised mole? It feels like just skin - nothing inside it to pop or anything...any suggestions? Do you think a wart remover would help or hurt more? thanks

Closed Thread