It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2006, 10:15 PM   #1
(male)

moltisanti HB User
endometrial polyps

how do they remove endometrial polyps?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2006, 06:59 AM   #2

Suecat3 HB User
Re: endometrial polyps

I had a hysteroscopy/D&C/endometrial biopsy under general anesthesia in December for bleeding issues, and the GYN removed the polyp with an instrument that attached to the hysteroscope (?). She actually didn't know that it was there; she did the surgery because I have cervical stenosis, and she couldn't get a biopsy in the office. From what I know, it's a fairly quick and easy thing to do. Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2006, 02:53 PM   #3
(female)

Penny13 HB User

Sue, are you ok? I'm undergoing tests now because a cervical polyp came back with mild dysplasia. When the doctor "went back in" to do a cervical biopsy, she said the cervix looked fine, so she did an endometrial biopsy -- after finding yet a second polyp.

Old 05-31-2006, 02:17 PM   #4
(female)

momof6300 HB User

I just had a D&C/hysteroscopy/endometrial ablasion (sp?) 2 weeks ago. I had heavy, clotty periods, to brown tarry discharges for the better part of a year. I went to a new gyno, and he did the surgery. He removed 3 polyps, as well as a few fibroids. He said I'm good as new!!

The surgery was nothing. A little crampy for a few days because of the ablasion, but nothing major. Very slight bleeding for a little over a week, also.

He said the polyps were most likely what was causing my bleeding. I had polyps removed once before with a D&C, and was good for about a year. Hopefully, the ablasion will be an extra step to keep things under control.

Also, I should have very light periods to almost no periods from here on out. My period was due the day after my surgery, and I still didn't start it yet. I'm sure that is from the surgery, but so far so good. Also, I don't have any of the pain I used to get in my ovary area.

Old 05-31-2006, 03:12 PM   #5
(female)

ddtigrbaby HB User

Do you guys know anything about removing cervical polyps with a nitrate material? Thats what I had done the other day and I cant seem to find any info on it. Thanks! )

Old 06-01-2006, 03:21 PM   #6

Suecat3 HB User

Hi, Penny...sorry it's been a few days; been really busy. The D&C didn't end up stopping the bleeding,and neither did a trial of Seasonale (actually made it worse). I go back to my GYN tomorrow (starting to feel like family there!) to discuss the next move. I don't like any of the options: Mirena, ablation, or hysterectomy, so I may ask to take a wait-and-see approach if there's no medical reason to do anything now. How about you? How are you? Sue

Old 06-04-2006, 06:53 PM   #7
(male)

moltisanti HB User

they say it can cause cancer, so they (the doctor)want it removed. there's no bleeding problems only clotting of blood. What does D & C stands for?

Old 06-08-2006, 05:21 AM   #8

Suecat3 HB User

Dilation and curettage. The doctor dilates your cervix so she can remove the lining of your uterus with an instrument (the curettage part).

Old 06-15-2006, 04:53 PM   #9
(female)

jlsmfc76 HB User

Are there any signs to know if you have polyps? Besides abnormal bleeding.

Old 06-16-2006, 10:33 AM   #10
(female)

smallvllegrl HB User

i was wondering the same thing actually. Is abnormal bleeding the most comon sympton? Does the bleeding happen at a specific time in the cycle?

Old 06-19-2006, 07:13 PM   #11
(male)

moltisanti HB User

clotting of blood. I don't know any other symptoms..

Is there anyone here who has some knowledge about Sonoshyteroscope D&C? It's like a D&C using a camera so they can see the polyps while removing it. Please help.

Closed Thread