It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #1
(female)

Leelee28 HB UserLeelee28 HB User
why do my boobs keep growing?

hi
I have recently noticed that my breasts have gotten fuller looking over the past couple of days [and are kind of tender...but that's happened every month since i started the pill]. I'm only on my third pack of bc pills [ever] but i would have thought that the growth i got from the first pack would have been it.
the only other thing i've noticed is a little more discharge than normal...but not by much and it might just be me being paranoid [i'm a hypochondriac]
any idea as to the cause of growth?!

[i should mention that i am sexually active...but i take my pill RELIGIOUSLY aka EXACT same time every day...never missed a pill! and plus...it's only been two weeks since my last period so signs this early on a religious pill taker....seems unlikely to me! but i thought it'd be good to mention anyways]

THANKS

Old 06-11-2006, 03:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User
Re: why do my boobs keep growing?

hi,
because you are taking hormones every month its normal for boobs to swell up particularly at certain times of the month, mine were huge the whole time i was on the pill but the swelling used to go down slightly during my pill free week, when i was having my period.
The extra discharge is also normal when on the pill because one of the ways it works is to create thicker mucus which makes it harder for sperm to enter the cervix.
as you've only been on it 3 months your body is probably still adjusting to it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2006, 07:01 AM   #3
(female)

thank you for your reply!

Old 06-11-2006, 07:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

Some BC pills give you too much estrogen. This will cause some growth & also fat gain. You may need a lower dosage or different kind.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:47 PM   #5
(female)

gah_nicht_so_gu HB User

Which type of pill are you using? I'm on microgynon and although my breasts are a little bit swollen they haven't grown and don't feel sore.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mecpcpj HB User

This is totally normal because of the hormones. Mine have gone all the way up to a DD since starting the pill 5 years ago! I kind of wish they were smaller now.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:42 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Varying pills will cause varying side effects on some people. Microgynon made me very depressed and i could cry over any old thing, Diane35-ed ended up giving me migraines and (i foget the name of the third) made my breasts swell so badly that i couldn't take my bra off and had to sleep in it at night for support.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:58 AM   #8
(female)

wow... that's unfortunate!
I'm on desogen right now. I feel like it's killing my sex drive, making me SUPER moody, and well...i like the boob growth to be honest, but sometimes it kinda freaks me out just cuz i don't want it to be anything else!
This is only my third month on the pill so I'm gunna wait another month and see what happens...then in August when I see my gyno here at home [I got on the pill in college but havent seen my regular doc yet] I might talk to her about a lower dose pill.
Thanks for all the responses! They helped calm me down lol

Closed Thread