It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2006, 07:20 AM   #1
(female)

feistygirl75 HB User
Strange Period

I am quite overweight and have never had a regular period, I was on birth control for a while to regulate it but when I lost my health insurance I stopped taking it that was a year ago. I haven't had a period now in 2 months. My last period was kind of strange, normal period but flaky, hard to describe but I had some flakes of blood in addition to the normal stuff. Anyway, I am now having some flaking again but no period just some light blood flakes here and there. I know sounds strange but has anyone ever experienced this. I am under a lot of stress and have started a pretty intense exercise program which can change your period but I am getting concerned. I really can't afford to go to the doctor without insurance but may have to if this doesn't resolve itself. Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2006, 08:00 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kerri0500 HB User
Re: Strange Period

when iwas overweight, i went 5 months with no period. they checked everything out and it was okay. i dont know how overweight you are (I was 80) but my hormones were a little off. then i lost the 80 (i now weight 135 at 5foot 7) and have been regular ever since. I would not be too concerned if you arenot sexually active. that is just my opinion though

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2006, 09:10 AM   #3
(female)

feistygirl75 HB User
Re: Strange Period

I am about 100lbs overweight, hence the new exercise program. Kerri - congrats on the weight loss, how did you do it if you don't mind me asking.

Closed Thread