It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2006, 11:05 AM   #46
(female)

Kickle HB User
Re: Hydrogen Peroxide for BV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvhater
Kickle,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience (and success!) with the hydrogen peroxide method. I hope you don't mind, but before I embark on the same, I have some clarifying questions:

-- how much liquid did you use in your douche (e.g. a full cup, a few ounces)?
-- did you douche with hydrogen peroxide once per day or twice?
-- did you use additional supplements, change your diet or anything else?
-- are you back to having sex and has that affected your regimen?

For the vinegar people, can you describe your experiences in more detail?

Thanks to all!
I use a pre-mixed douche bottle that you buy right out of the box empty it and fill it about half way with hydrogen peroxide. I just use it straight, no dilution. I douche once a day if I am having symptoms until they are gone then using it after sex for maintenance. I do take probiotics and vitamins. Sex is great, no problems at all. Good luck, it really does help.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:04 AM   #47
(female)

princessloki HB User

Wow this sounds great! I'm prone to such things and I think i'll try this - I hate using prescription medication for it because it leads to yeast infections for me. Thanks for updating eveyday of your treatment, this has been really helpful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2006, 07:10 PM   #48
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

does this work on yeast also?I dont think i have a yeast infection...when i stick my finger up it comes out w/a clear/off white oily (vasiline like) substance.Not really smelly...no discharge...could i actully be normal?! NAH!!!!

Old 12-01-2006, 06:05 AM   #49
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

Sounds normal to me-- SusanGene

Old 12-01-2006, 12:26 PM   #50
Veteran
(female)

Cool Re: Hydrogen Peroxide for BV

today i was feeling kinda "yucky" down there...(sweaty...murky) and i wiped with a white toliet paper and there was a off white/yellow wetness...anyways I went into the bathroom and propped my bottom half up and poured some paroxide in my vaginal area..(i know some went in) and I FEEL GREAT DOWN THERE!!!!!! I recommend it!!!!!

Old 12-01-2006, 04:45 PM   #51
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

Forgive me if I'm wrong. I think we're wanting to be dry as a bone all the time to "feel clean." Women were built to be moist and have slight discharge of pale yellow; it is pefectly normal. This wetness is biological to prepare us for intercourse. It is not dirty or nasty or unclean and douching everyday
(except for medical reasons) is Not Good. We are not supposed to be washing away our feminine moisture on a daily basis. I think we're on the wrong track. Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:10 AM   #52
(female)

bvhater HB Userbvhater HB Userbvhater HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanGene
Forgive me if I'm wrong. I think we're wanting to be dry as a bone all the time to "feel clean." Women were built to be moist and have slight discharge of pale yellow; it is pefectly normal. This wetness is biological to prepare us for intercourse. It is not dirty or nasty or unclean and douching everyday (except for medical reasons) is Not Good. We are not supposed to be washing away our feminine moisture on a daily basis. I think we're on the wrong track. Just my 2 cents worth.
SusanGene, you're not wrong...at least, not in general. Wetness -- when one is aroused or when one is dealing with a hormonal shift or even just in those pre-menstrual days -- is normal. And, as a feminist, I understand wanting to dispel women's notions about their vulvas being clean and dirty "just because."

But in a thread about BV, the issue is those women, like myself, who are dealing with an abnormal discharge with distinct and well-researched characteristics. In that respect, you would do better to encourage women both get an official diagnosis AND to be unafraid of natural alternatives to prescription drugs.

Some here, like myself, have been diagnosed by multiple health professionals to have BV. I had one OB/GYN give me both a prescription antibiotic AND her information on alternative therapies (i.e. a daily vinegar douche coupled with Lactobacilus suppositories). I did not give the alternative therapy the commitment it deserved--no doubt angry that I couldn't just take a pill and have it go away permanently. (I bet I am not alone here in feeling that!)

I am on Day Six of the hydrogen peroxide douche. This morning, with my insert-gloved-finger test, I found the discharge so lessened that I feel confident enough to not wear a panty liner. Last night, I did a half HP douche and then a half vinegar douche. (Same amount of total liquid as when it was just HP and water.)

It is nice to be getting back to my normal.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:19 AM   #53
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha4606
today i was feeling kinda "yucky" down there...(sweaty...murky) and i wiped with a white toliet paper and there was a off white/yellow wetness...anyways I went into the bathroom and propped my bottom half up and poured some paroxide in my vaginal area..(i know some went in) and I FEEL GREAT DOWN THERE!!!!!! I recommend it
I am with SusanGene on this: just pouring some peroxide in your vagina is a poor substitute for accepting the ebb and flow of a well-operating natural system. If you are sexually active and this is significantly abnormal for you, I urge you to see an OB/GYN first.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #54
Veteran
(female)

I am 36 years old....a mom of 3 children....and this is normal for me!!!!! So, thank you very much for the concern.I just didnt have the money to go buy a douche bottle...plus, it was a blizzard outside.So, I thought i would just do the next best thing.Thank you though.I have chronic vaginal problems since my last pregnancy (3 years ago) The wettness thing drives me nuts!!!!I dont know whats normal anymore!!!!!!!!

Old 12-03-2006, 07:17 AM   #55
Veteran
(female)

good luck with that! I hate doind the whiff test...I dont know whats worse the fish smell or the ammonia smell?! I am a paranoid freak down there.Sex with husband is embarrassing cuz im scared something will be wrong or out of whack! Ill get a douche bottle tomarrow.I did have sex last night and I poured some paroxide in again and this time it burned! I was trippin. I put a cold rag on/in it.YIKES! Maybe its not meant for after intercourse?! Let me know how all goes for you..!!

Old 12-04-2006, 02:09 AM   #56
(female)

Thanks for the encouragement, sha4606! The douche bottle should help. As to the burning, intercourse usually creates little tears in the vaginal wall. That AND hydrogen peroxide = stinging. I haven't had to worry about that in the last week.

Will see the boy tomorrow night though so :happydance:

---
On Day Seven (yesterday), I stuck with the hydrogen peroxide (left the vinegar out, and didn't mix it with water). Things look good this morning, so switching to the other part of this regimen: just HP for the next 5 mornings but adding probiotics (in this case, a Lactobacillus suppository that you can purchase over the counter here).

I found a great article on the natural production of hydrogen peroxide via Lactobacillus at [url]www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/[/url] It is the online medical library of the NIH. Go tax dollars! Type "lactobacillus bacterial vaginosis" and there are plenty of articles on the subject.

Um, if you don't mind dry medical texts...

Old 12-04-2006, 09:13 PM   #57
Veteran
(female)

Wink Re: Hydrogen Peroxide for BV

im glad things are goin well for you!!!! Let me know how it goes after you "see" your man... I hope everything continues going well for you.Isnt it amazing what us woman have to go through "down there" just to feel/smell somewhat normal?! Let me know how it goes for you....Ill do the same.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:30 AM   #58
(female)

sha4606, my menstrual cycle started right in the middle of my work day before meeting up with the boy.

How about you? Order that douche yet? Important to clean it very thoroughly after each use.

Before the cycle started, it looked very much that as if the BV was gone. No abnormal smell, no abnormal discharge.

Not to be completely foolish, I am picking up my regimen after the cycle is over. I bought Lactobacillus gasseri suppositories (taking Kickle's advice on probiotics). One per week for maintenance or once daily for seven days to set things right, said the pharmacist. So hydrogen peroxide a few mornings per week, and the suppositories once a week.

Goddmnit , it better work!!

Old 12-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #59
Veteran
(female)

Wink Re: Hydrogen Peroxide for BV

Hey BV hater....Bummer about the period.... I did not by the douche stuff yet...was wondering if it was good in general (like for yeast and stuff) I dont think I have BV right now...no smell or anything. I really hope it works for you....maybe it will stay gone!!!!! I hope so!!!!! I know it sucks so bad to constantly have it...i dealt with it for 2 years.My mind still isnt right....i worry all the time.Let me know how everything goes for you. What kind of suppositories did you buy????I want to know if they work.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-06-2006 at 12:48 PM. Reason: posted contact info

Old 12-06-2006, 11:44 PM   #60
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha4606
What kind of suppositories did you buy????I want to know if they work.
I just posted a long-winded piece on my amateur research on this. I am convinced that chronic BV should be renamed Lactobacillus deficiency.

The suppositories that I bought are Lactobacillus gasseri. I will insert them once a week after the cycle stops. Further, I am going to change my diet to include more Lactobacillus-hydrogen peroxide friendly foods.

We can do this, woman!!

Closed Thread