It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2006, 02:54 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User
what could this be?

hi,
from the age of about 16 ive had myself regularly tested for sti's and everything has always thankfully come back clear.
however, from the age of about 18 (im now 24) ive noticed these sore areas that i get around my vagina, mainly around the perineum and inner lips. they dont look like blisters, more like little gashes or breaks in the skin, and are very sore, particularly when i pee. they would be there for a few days and then disappear, and then come back about 3-8 months later. all of this seemed like it could be herpes to me, so i went to the doctors last summer and saw the nurse. she examined me and said it did look like it could be herpes as the little breaks were tear shaped which is apparently what a herpes rash looks like. she took a swab, but the results came back negative. she said she'd spoke to the doctor and he had said that the breaks were probably ulcers, similar to the ones you get in your mouth.
since then ive only had one more occurance of this which wasnt as bad as before and disapperaed quite quickly. ive also been with my partner for a year and he has never had anything like this so hasnt caught this from me.
i just wondered if my swab results would of definitely been accurate or should they have taken blood? does this sound like herpes to anyone based on what ive said? and what else could it be? has anyone heard of anything similar to what ive described?
thanks in advance

Last edited by fallen_angel; 06-23-2006 at 02:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2006, 06:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User
Re: what could this be?

I have the exact same thing !!!! I don't know what it is either. Like you, I thought it might be herpes but when the doctor looked at it he said it is like ezcema. But they are exactly as you describe and I have no ezcema anywhere else on my body.??? Hopefully someone on this board could enlighten us. Because they hurt and it happens to me on and off all month long.
Bella

Last edited by tattoogirl; 06-23-2006 at 06:27 AM.

Old 06-23-2006, 07:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User

hi bella,
thats really interesting im glad to hear im not the only one with this, what exactly do yours look like? sorry if thats too personal, but this has puzzled and worried me for ages so is good to talk to someone with the same thing.i do get eczema in a couple of places, mainly on my face but it does seem different "down there" and is soooo sore!!
has yours even gone away and then come back a few months later? it was the way it seemed to occur in patterns that made me think it could be herpes.
thanks,
Fallen

Old 06-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #4

honeybeems HB User

i had this happen to me before too. the first time was really bad. this was like 16 years ago. i almost think it was alot of stress that contributed to it. i also use laundry detergent that is free and clear. all i use is dove soap to wash down there too. i haven't had any problems in years. i would look at what soap your partners are using too.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User

Hi Fallen-
well recently they have been occuring throughout the month. They seem to happen more frequent than before??? They look like little cuts/tears, not any blisters. And when I pee if/when it hits them....OUCHY ! I feel irritated down there in generally when they occur (actually I have it right now). But there seems to be mainly one cut not too big...kinda like if you get a paper cut. it is between my vagina and anus . I have an appointment at the end of July and hopefully I will find out. Have not had a herpes test but I keep thinking...what else could it be.
Bella

Old 06-23-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User

hi bella
that sounds identical to me, i only had a swab taken to test for herpes and have been told a blood test would of been more accurate.when i got told they were ulcers i thought, how can you have ulcers down there?? they do hurt as bad as an ulcer though.
please let me know how you get on at your appt, good luck

Old 06-24-2006, 03:18 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User

Hey Fallen-
I will let you know how the appointment goes. Unfourtanetly, I have to wait until the end of July. "Ulcers" huh...weird...what did they say caused it? Why would ulcers just appear? It seems strange that a gyno wouldn't know what this was. I complained about it a few times in the past and it was kinda shrugged off...like it was nothing. But it sucks, hurts to have sex and pee! I thought it was the condoms my BF and I use (latex) and so we switched a long time ago (lambskin) and it seemed to help for awhile but the last few months it has been worse. I don't even want to have sex because it seems to be worse evrey time do, esp. like a day or 2 after. I know he's annoyed too .
Bella

Old 06-24-2006, 07:29 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User

hey bella
i didnt get much of an explanation from the doctors as i didnt go to a gyno or anything, it was just a general doctor who gave a message to the nurse about what he thought it was to tell me. but he hadnt actually examined me himself. maybe i would of been better off going to a sexual health clinic about it but it was just easier to go to my doctors as its only up the road from me.
i have no idea what would cause ulcers down there, ive always took good care of myself physically.another place i get these tears is just above the clitoris, like on the skin above that area, its like a split. i dont get any pain on sex with them, its mainly just when i pee, OUCH
Its interesting what you said about condoms making a difference, i dont actually use condoms with my current partner, but i guess it could be an allergy of some sort if you've noticed an improvement since changing condoms. its funny how an allergy could cause actual breaks and sores though, as i would of thought it would be more like a rash.
whats made me think it could be herpes is because of the outbreaks i get, every few months and then disappearing. but ive not had any of these tears since about last august now, so perhaps ive changed something in some way without realising (maybe toiletries or something like that). ive been with my partner for a year now and hes never had any of these sores, and if it was herpes i thought i would of passed it onto him. but i may just get a blood test done to see for sure.
let me know how your apppointment goes as im really interested to see what they say these are!!

Old 06-27-2006, 09:42 PM   #9
(female)

HollyD83 HB User

I have these strange little things too,I think they could be caused by chafing from too tight pantiesOr bad laundry detergent Or maybe even an allergy to soap,my fiance was freaked out by them,and I don't blame him

Old 06-28-2006, 12:04 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User

im really glad to know im not alone with this! i did look up genital ulcers on the net and it said they can be caused by other things including thrush, which i have had from time to time. the thing with herpes is that its supposed to go through a blister stage before bursting and ive never noticed this, its always been like open tears, or breaks.

Old 06-28-2006, 07:23 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User

I hope they are just "ulcers" from irritation. I go commando, so maybe that could be one reason. I do notice certain soaps bother me down there. But I don't know which comes first the ulcers/tears or the irritation from products. Is there some sort of cream that can be used to alleviate the problem?
Bella

Old 06-28-2006, 01:16 PM   #12
Veteran

bullun HB User

Sound slike you are describing a gential form of Thrush, ask your doctors if this is what it could be if your Herpes tests come back negative.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:27 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullun
Sound slike you are describing a gential form of Thrush, ask your doctors if this is what it could be if your Herpes tests come back negative.
If it were thrush wouldn't I have discharge or a smell. I have neither. And it comes and goes (tears). I will def. look into it though, app. end on July with Gyno.
Thanks
Bella

Old 06-30-2006, 04:54 AM   #14
(female)

meowsy HB User
Unhappy Re: what could this be?

I have that too but mine is so itchy and it worsen before and after period. But it doesn't hurt when I pee. Can this be Thrush?

Old 07-02-2006, 12:54 AM   #15
(female)

zenscarlet HB User

I don't know anything about ulcers but I have herpes and my first swab test for it came back negative. I'm in Australia and was told it can be difficult to test sometimes ????? Not sure if the testing is the same everywhere but i was pretty sure even though the partner who gave it to me didn't ever show any signs of it. Does sound a little different to mine but affects people differently. Next time there around i'd go to a sexual health clinic instead of GP just to be sure. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread