It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2006, 05:45 AM   #1
(female)

what could it b HB User
Rare & Random Shooting pain in breast, like lightning.

Hi,

this is not a regular occurrance by any means, it comes once in a while, without warning. I could be doing anything, in this case relaxing, and without warning, a shooting/stabbing pain would zap accross my breast(in the most recent case, my right breast), The pain would fork, nearly like lightning does in reality. It is inside my breast. In the most recent case the pain shot from the ribs out towards the nipple. Its a very sharp sudden pain, and its all over in a flash.

I wonder what it could be?

Old 06-25-2006, 08:21 PM   #2
(female)

AMTimbol HB User
Re: Rare & Random Shooting pain in breast, like lightning.

I have been suffering from the exact kind of pains for the last few weeks myself, so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would certainly appreciate it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2006, 08:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

To be honest, since i have grown boobs (lol!) i have a had a slight lumpish spot on my left boob. I cant remember the technically term for it, but this lump does cause me to have a shooting pain out of nowhere sometimes. If its not that , then my left breast is just sore! Not sure if any of you have this problem (even if you did, you dont always notice something is there when you feel) but i just thought id throw that out there and let you know!

Old 06-25-2006, 08:54 PM   #4
(female)

AMTimbol HB User

I check my breasts often and have never found any lumps. I do have very fibrous breasts, though and often wonder if I'm missing something. My Gyn says it's nothing to be worried about and that lots of women have fibrous breasts. Anyway, I do have very tender spots occasionaly and that is generally where the pain seems to come from. My pains are very sharp, like a razor blade and hot, hot, hot! The most recent one almost caused me to drop a piece of equipment I was carrying. The pains come on very quickly and without warning and go away just a fast. They happen mostly in my right breast but have on occasion, happened in the left. I have never experienced pain like this before in my breasts and am now just worried that something could be wrong. I am only 33 but am considering having a mammogram just in case.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:53 PM   #5
(female)

*ChRiStInE* HB User

Hi, I too have this symptom but it occurs in my left breast only. I am 37 yrs old and have breastfed 3 children. I noticed the shooting pain started happening about 12 months ago and more so it seemed to happen around my monthly cycle. Not long after this, one day in the shower I was doing an examination and came across a lump. It feels long and soft, almost like a sausage! I was so scared. I immediately booked into the doctor and he diagnosed a fibrocycstic lump. He said it was common in women in their thirties upwards. For reassurance he sent me for an ultrasound and it came back clear. Funny thing is, I had no pain for many months and now it has come back. Most terrifyingly in the last few weeks my own mum has been diagnosed with breast cancer and my breast pain has been at a peak (possibly due to stress?!!!!). Anyway, as you can imagine my anxiety levels are up there again. I am having a mammogram and ultrasound tomorrow to once again give me piece of mind!!!!! PS Mum had an ultrasound and mammogram 12 months ago and it was 'clear'. Doctor said the cancer could have been there just to small for the mammogram to detect. Her tumour is 2 cm and cannot be felt by an examination. She had a masectomy last wednesday and is doing great! Thanks for listening!

Closed Thread