It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
(female)

lilmsmagic HB User
everytime I go to bed I have to pee

Is there a problem if everytime I go to bed I have to get right back up and go pee? I even go before I lay down and as soon as I lay down, I'm up again. It's just an urge though. When I do get up to go, its only a little bit. I lay back down and the urge is still there. I'm afraid if I don't go, I'll wind up getting up in the middle of the night to go, and for once in my life I would love to sleep a STRAIGHT 6-8 hours (w/o getting up for kids or bathroom visits). Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2006, 05:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
Re: everytime I go to bed I have to pee

It may be a relaxation problem but it could also be a bladder irritation. Leave off the caffeine & diet drinks & drink only water for a few days & see if you get better. Try not drinking anything after 4:00 PM & see if you still have that problem. Do you have this sensation of urgency thru the day? You might want to do some research on Interstitial Cystitis. HTH!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2006, 03:03 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User
Re: everytime I go to bed I have to pee

Hi lilmcmagic, I had the exact same thing about a year ago.

I would be fine during the day but as soon as I lay down at night I would have to get straight back up again and pee. I would be at the toilet about 7 times during the night and the urge to pee just wouldn't go away, it was the strangest thing.

I wish I had some answers for you but I don't. It lasted for about 2 months and then it just went away. One morning I realised that I hadn't went to the toilet all night from the time I first got into bed.

I started to think that it was some sort of weird relaxation problem, like sammi said, because if it was some sort of infection I'm sure it would be there during the say as well.

Closed Thread