It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
(female)

Ladykit1980 HB User
Unhappy Very irregular menstrual cycle

I'm 26 years old and besides the time I was on the birth control pill, I've never had a regular menstrual cycle. I stopped taking the pill back in 2004 and since then have had 12 menstrual cycles ranging from 5 days long (last one after the my last pill) to 43 days long. And ranging from 13 days in between (the last day and the first of the next one) to 6 months. There is absolutely no regularity to it. I've been examined (blood tests, ultra-sounds, etc) and everything always comes back as ok. It is just really bothering me. Especially now. I just recently got a boyfriend and would love the opportunity to experience lovemaking with him but have been on my period ever since I've felt it was a good time to do so (two weeks). I don't want to do it while on my period because I think it's gross. He's totally understanding, but he leaves at the end of the summer to go back to school in another province and I really want to have sex before the end of the summer. I don't want to go back on any birth control because I'm 26 and want to stay off.

Is there anything that could be wrong that doctor's aren't detecting or is there anyway I could maybe make it stop or not have it come back for at least a month? Any tips would be great. Thank you.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
(female)

Ladykit1980 HB User
Re: Very irregular menstrual cycle

I'm bumping this back to the top. I haven't received any responses. I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow. I'm probably going to go back on the pill. I don't want to, but I'm fed up with the whole situation. Any support or tips, please let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2006, 06:58 PM   #3
(female)

kj547 HB User

Have your doctor check your thyroid as that can cause irregular periods. Mine was very off without my knowledge & my cycle had been a mess for years. Now, I am taking meds & it is becoming more regular.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User

Mine were like that...all the way from when they started.

The problem was, the longer it was between cycles, the worse the dysmennorhea was and I couldn't handle it any more. Finally, after one more miserable deployment (yes, a Soldier), I started the Depo shot and that solved it all by doing away with them altogether.

I know Depo doesn't work as well for everyone, but it was a miracle drug for me.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
(female)

English Rose HB User

Irregular periods are more common than you think, I've always had them and I'm in my twenties also. As far as I know its affected by your emotions so if there's been any upheaval in that area that might affect it. Have you ever been tested for aneamia? It could be related to that....sorry I can't be more helpful.

Closed Thread