It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
(female)

foofer HB User
Twisting/Burning Sensation Near Ovary

Hey all. I am wondering if anyone could help me pinpoint what my problem may be. This is going to be a pretty lengthy post, sorry.
I have had this strange twisting/burning feeling in or near my left ovary for about 2 1/2 weeks now. It first started on the third day of my last period. Sometimes this feeling turns into a very dull pain but it certainly is not debilitating. I can do my normal routine with no problem. It comes and goes as well, there have been a few days where I haven't felt it at all and sometimes I feel it off and on during the day, sometimes worse than others. I am a very light sleeper and am aware of pain, etc. when I am sleeping but I do not feel this. I am also awake a lot during the night and do not feel it then either. My appetite is normal, no fever, nausea, etc. I am feeling normal except for this. I do have pain during intercourse but I have had that from time to time for at least the past five years. I always have had pain in my "right" ovary when ovulating and have started to have a spurt of bleeding during ovulation for the past 6 months. This bleeding is sudden and then goes away just as fast except for some extremely light residual spotting. Since this new feeling I have is in my "left" ovary, I am getting concerned. I am awaiting the results of a Pap smear that I had done at a clinic. I had LEEP done 5 years ago, had a normal pap a year later and have not had one done until just last week because I have no insurance. I put it off until now because of this problem. I am 30 years old, no children, not on bc pills. I do have a few days of light spotting before and after my period as well, which started probably within the last year. My mother had terrible endometriosis and cysts starting at a very young age and 5 years ago had a full hysterectomy because she was tired of the pain she endured for most of her life. I am wondering if it could be endo, or maybe cysts. I was going to wait until my next period and ovulation and if it still is bothering me, then I would go to a real gyn. I am hoping that someone may be able to give me some ideas as to what this may be. I really appreciate whomever takes the time to read this. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2006, 01:26 PM   #2
(female)

scaredinnewcity HB User
Re: Twisting/Burning Sensation Near Ovary

I'd go to the doctor ASAP! My sister had experienced similiar symptoms to yours and has just had a hysterectomy done. I'm not saying that you need one, but that this is definitely something to get checked out. Because of your family history, it quite possibly could be endometriosis.

Closed Thread