It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2006, 07:44 PM   #1
(female)

MomOf4girlz HB User
Question 1year after tubal & period is late???

It's been 1 year since my tubes were cut & tied during my 4th c-section. My doctor said it would be too dangerous to have anymore c-sections so I must tie my tubes. I am 29, tied tubes at 28. I agreed because 4 is enough. Although I would have been happy with more too. I love kids. Well, since my tubal I have had normal periods. Normally arriving every 28 to 32 days. It has been 37 days & still no period, I have never been this late before except when I was in fact pregnant. I had a few sharp pains in my lower left abdomen about a week ago, only lasted 1 day. No pain since. My breast are sore & have been nauseated only a few times. Back is hurting but no signs of a period. I was just wondering what this could be. Is it possible I could be pregnant & if so if I were to take a hpt would it be accurate? I am scared to death it's a tubal pregnancy but from what I read I have no severe pain or bleeding. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 07-22-2006, 01:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User
Re: 1year after tubal & period is late???

hi
i have heard of tubals occuring with this.im no doctor but i would do an HPT, even if its negative go to the doctors or ER so they can confirm that you're not pregnant. Im not trying to scare you as it could be nothing, but if it is a tubal there can be a risk of rupture so i would seek medical advice asap.
good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2006, 06:47 PM   #3
(female)

Fanntym HB User
Re: 1year after tubal & period is late???

I agree, I would do an HPT. It will still be a reliable test as having a tubal doesn't interfere with hormonal production in pregnancy. I had my tubes tied in 93 and a reversal done in 02. I've since given birth to 2 wonderful kids but the one thing my OB/GYN did tell me was as soon as I got a + HPT, get into the office ASAP for beta levels. Once my levels reached 5000 I was to go for an u/s cause of the highly increased risk of a tubal pregnancy.

Best of luck to you.

BTW, according to my doc, the risk of pregnancy post tubal is 1/350, so the birth control pill, if used properly, is more reliable.

Closed Thread