It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2006, 02:18 AM   #1
(female)

Tearful_Love HB User
Unhappy PMS/Menstruation vs. Early Pregnancy

I posted this in another health forum and didn't get much help..since the one person who replied got one of the main details wrong.. I hope this forum can be of more help.

Ok lets start out by saying I'm new and all that.

And also..

My period is due this week. I've had the normal mild non-severe symptoms I usually get on the 3rd week of my cycle leading up to the actual flow.

But I've been a bit paranoid. I got curious and looked up pregnancy symptoms and they looked the same as what I'm feeling (because I have a few new symptoms I rarely get, if at all)..

This month I did have unprotected sex near my ovulation time. (2-3 days before, that would have been about 3 weeks ago soon) I stopped my boyfriend shortly into it. Feeling a bit unsure. He swore he didn't pre-ejaculate since we didn't do it for that long. (Amazingly..he's one those guys who can control themselves...hard to believe..but it's true.) He kept telling me we didn't do it for that long. I know pre-ejaculation has a low risk of pregnancy, but it has a risk nontheless.

So these are my symptoms. The new one(s) is/are in bold:

Severe lower back pain (normal)
Headaches/migraines (occasionally)
Muscle ache/joint pains ((especially in my legs and sometimes neck)) (occasionally)
Fatigue (occasionally.. but this week or two it's been pretty bad)
Over-sleeping
Nauseous (but when I eat meals it goes away)
Dizziness (it goes away in a few seconds and/or minutes..it usually comes with the nauseous feeling.. if I eat something right away it goes away)

That weird menstrual blood smell (it hasn't even spotted or come yet)
Always having hunger pains/being hungry
Craving dairy/chocolate (of course..)
Always having to pee (but it almost looks just like female secretion..it's mainly clear but yellow at the same time)
Always having to go..erm.. number 2 (it's been a normal symptom as of this year)
Becoming somewhat..very gassy (Normal.. of course.)
Ankle pain/Swollen ankles/feet (New..but it started last month and I had a regular 2-3 day cycle)
Yeast Infection flares up like all hell (yes, I have a yeast infection..ever since I was 8..around my pms time/period it itches and burns..)
Feverish feelings (Occasionally)
My breasts seem harder/a bit tender and bigger than normal (rarely)

I use to drink a lot of soda. I stopped about 2-3 weeks ago..not even like lowering how much I had..just going off it for good Maybe lack of caffeine during this time could have some effect?

If I were over 20 I'd almost welcome a kid. But since I'm between the ages of 16-19, I'm not ready, of course!

I've already talked with my boyfriend. We're stopping sex for good..even with condoms. We don't want to take risks (I know condoms lower the risk even more..but it's not fool-proof.)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 10:59 AM   #2
(female)

GeorgiaGrown HB User
Re: PMS/Menstruation vs. Early Pregnancy

Coming off of caffeine can definitely increase many of those symptoms. And unfortunately, you're right, signs of pregnancy are so similar to normal signs of the onset of your menstrual period that it's often hard to tell the difference.
Because of that, it's hard for someone to say... And amazingly, nearly all of the symptoms you listed are EXACTLY what I get.. which makes any bad decision the month before seem like the worst mistake of your life until AF comes for a visit...

So anyway, let's check out the new symptoms.
Oversleeping - I don't know what your schedule is like, but if there has been a change, or if it's getting towards the end of summer and you've been allowed to sleep in a little more - that could be the cause.
Nauseau and dizziness I symptoms (though rarely) get with my menstrual cycle, it's about a once in every six month deal.
If you're concerned, I would suggest a doctor's appointment rather than waiting it out - since most HPT are best used AFTER your missed period ( I know there's one now that can be used 5 days prior to your period date).

Anyway, try not to get too stressed about it or every little thing your body does will seem like a symptom.
Good luck!

Old 07-27-2006, 01:59 PM   #3
(female)

Tearful_Love HB User
Re: PMS/Menstruation vs. Early Pregnancy

Thanks for the reply.

It is the summer.. but heres what happens with my sleep..

I can go to bed say at like 4-5AM..and wake up 12PM-1PM and feel fine..not too tired.

But ever since about the 3rd week of my cycle (maybe earlier) especially around now.. I over-sleep. I heard that's a symptom of menstruation.

I found out that I have food poisoning too.. I got it last night and I had (might still have) an intestinal bug. Could that throw off my period? I asked my mom..she said it could.

Closed Thread