It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
Cyst on outer labia..........

Has anyone had a cyst/boil on the outer labia? This is the 3rd one i have gotten in about a year! It is soooo uncomfortable, and dont know why this keeps happening. I went to the doc (2nd one) and she said it could be caused from an ingrown hair...............she perscribed an antibiotic and it went away. I dont want to have to go back to the doc for this............it rubs though and hurts! Its about the size of a dime and hard. Has anyone experienced these and what did you do about it? Do you know what causes these too?

Old 08-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #2
(female)

randizeb HB User
Re: Cyst on outer labia..........

do you shave???, or do you wear tight pants/shorts???
usually these are caused when pubic hair is shaved and begins to grow back, but right after you shave, if this is the case, bacteria, dirt gets into the follicle causing it to become inflamed, and exteremely tender.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2006, 05:32 PM   #3
(female)

cark HB User

Daisy.... if you shave thats it! I get them occassionally and I get them mainly when Im pregnant and shave. In the last pregnancy I had to have the ob/gyn lance it.I was big and pregnant and had to get a mirror to even SEE my genitals. LOL! I saw it and made an appointment . Within a few days I was fine and dandy

Word of advise DO NOT MASH OR PICK AT IT!! I did... thinking it was a zit or something and it got twice as big and bruised.

Old 08-11-2006, 07:54 AM   #4
(female)

lipidprofiler HB User

I have had two of these and I freaked out and thought I had an STD. Mine weren't as big as a dime though, more like the diameter of a pencil eraser. Take the advice about not squeezing them or messing with them though because it makes them hurt like the devil and they stay around a lot longer.

Old 08-11-2006, 08:02 AM   #5
(female)

CatholicWoman HB User

I don't mean to be offensive in any way or anything but you ought to get tested for Herpes and other STDs.

Old 08-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #6
(female)

lipidprofiler HB User

The original poster had been to the doctor, so I would assume the doctor would test if they thought the area looked suspicious.

As for me, I did get tested and was clean as a whistle, so I know mine were just harmless temporary irritations.

Closed Thread