It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 05:32 PM   #1
(female)

bassolope HB User
mid-cycle menstrual spotting/bleeding

Hello,

I am a 26 year old female, and last week I began spotting about a week to a week and a half before my period is due. I usually have a 30-32 day cycle, so typically my period would begin on 8/12 or 8/14. I began spotting on 8/2. The first 3 days were light spotting/discharge. The next three days (which includes today, 8/7) are a little heavier and I'm coming close to bleeding as much as I would for a normal period. Not quite though.

Anyhow, since I am married and sexually active, I realize that this could be a sign of early pregnancy. My question is this: since home pregnancy tests say to use them anytime after the first day of your missed period, what day would that actually be for me? Do I count these last few days as an actual period? Or would a pregnancy test be accurate for me to take anytime after 8/14, which is when my real period is due? I'm just having a hard time calculating what date my period will be counted late on.

Can anyone help me? I've never been through this before... I'm fairly in-tune with my body, and my cycle is usually regular, so I don't like not knowing what's going on! And if this post is confusing, forgive me... For the last week I have felt like I'm losing my mind. I say things and do things that aren't me. Maybe it's hormones or maybe I'm really losing it!

Old 08-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
(female)

KylaBK HB User
Re: mid-cycle menstrual spotting/bleeding

I'm going through the same thing!! I never spot, and this month i spotted a week before i was actually due.
I suggest (from all that i've read) that you're right it could be implantation bleeding. I would wait until your ACTUAL expected period. It takes some time for the hormones to build up enough for the test to detect it.
I've had three neg. tests...
NOW i'm going to the doctor cause i'm still concerned!!
Good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #3
(female)

bassolope HB User

I may end up calling my doc tomorrow, too. I know my symptoms point to possibly being implantation bleeding, but nothing I've read has indicated that this bleeding can last almost a week. Even though my symptoms are different and WAY more extreme than a normal period (mood swings, exhaustion, etc), in a way it seems like a normal period because my normal periods always last a week... Anyhow, I have been SO exhausted and grumpy for the last week, that I think I'm going to take the day off tomorrow to try and rest.

If this is implantation bleeding, has anyone else who's experienced this felt just really wierd and not at all like themselves? That's one of the oddest things I'm expereincing right now. I say things and do things and forget things... and all of this is totally not me. I'm usually pretty on top of it.

Last edited by bassolope; 08-08-2006 at 05:10 PM.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:22 AM   #4
(female)

whisperton HB User

i know from personal experience that pregnancy symptoms can make you "weird" and not like yourself due to hormonal changes. some women do experience more implantation bleeding than others, it all depends on your body, everyone will react differently. if it is implantation bleeding i would wait until your expected period day to take an hpt since it could give a false negative early on. or you could have a doc check you out. good luck!

Old 08-10-2006, 08:36 AM   #5
(female)

bassolope HB User
Arrow Re: mid-cycle menstrual spotting/bleeding

Ok... so the bleeding has lasted a week now. It started off as spotting a few days ago, and now is a little heavier (still not as heavy as a normal period, though). I don't have menstral cramps or anything, and with regular periods I tend to get those pretty bad. Not sure what's going on. My obgyn can't get me in until 8/29, which seems like forever away since I'm afraid something is wrong with me. I've always been healthy and have never had any "female" trouble in the past.

I'll definitely be taking a HPT here in a couple of days when my regular period is officially late, just to rule that possibility out (or be somewhat pleasantly surprised!). I am so fatigued, but that seems only natural since I've pretty much had two periods in one month.

Anyhow, thanks for letting me ramble. I just wish I knew what was going on.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:22 AM   #6
(female)

bassolope HB User

I didn't wait to take the HPT until my period was officially late, and I got a neg. I think I'll wait until a couple of days past when my period will be considered missed, and then retake. That'll be about the middle of next week. If I had tested positive, I could only be two or three weeks along at the most, so I'm guessing either the negative was accurate, or it's still too early to tell. The spotting has stopped, lasted just over a week, but I've got to be either preggo or something is wrong with me. I am still absolutely exhausted (took a 2 1/2 hour nap yesterday!), still moody and not myself, and I threw up this morning. I never throw up, never get the stomach flu. I think the last time I threw up was 3 or 4 years ago, and that was due to a migraine. BTW, my little episode this morning wasn't because of eating something, it was because of the way something smelled. Still wish my obgyn could get me in sooner than the 29th of this month... Whether I'm preggo or something is wrong, I just want to know and get my body back on track.

Closed Thread