It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

JenRas05 HB User
Side effects of Depot Provera

I just had my first injection of depot provera August 14th. I am now getting bad hot flashes and really bad acheing in my hands and arms...the same side effects I got from Depot Lupron. I called and told the nurse about it but there is nothing they can do for it. I asked even about add back therapy cause I know that was an option when I was on the Depot Lupron. Add back therapy is a pill with estrogen they give you to conteract the side effects of hot flashes. But she said they wouldn't be able to give me that just for side effects. I don't want these side effects again though...I already went through this hell on the Lupron shot and now I have to go through it again for another 3 months. I asked my doctor if this shot would be anything like the Lupron shot I was on and she said no. But its the exact same thing. Is there anything they can give me and just arent? or am I screwed for the next 3 months?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

tiggerbuddy HB User
Re: Side effects of Depot Provera

I'm really not familiar with this, but I would suggest talking to an actual doctor. While the nurse might think she knows what they can or cannot do for you, it's always up to the doctor to write the orders. I'd get a second opinion from the doc! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 08:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

JenRas05 HB User
Re: Side effects of Depot Provera

Thanks for the advice, you're right! I go see my gynocologist tomorow so I'll talk about this with her and see if she'll be able to do anything. She is really nice and understanding too, more than any of my other doctors. I think its cause shes older so she seems wiser and kinder. I know though for certain that I am not getting another shot of this again....no hormone shots ever again!!! I'll maybe go back to the birth control pills and just have to be better at taking them everyday. I had the best luck on those anyways with no side effects and no cramping.

Last edited by JenRas05; 08-24-2006 at 08:14 PM.

Closed Thread