It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Seriphina HB User
Very strange...

So I had surgery to remove my right ovary and tube on the 13th of last month. All went well. I had a normal period the last week of July. Iím on birth control pills, and have always had a very regular flow every month.

Well this month when I was expecting to have my flow, what I got was a VERY light, brown discharge. Like what you normally have at the end of your period when you are just spotting. I had that for about 3 Ĺ days and thatís it. My flow usually lasts around 5 days with a light day, three medium days, and a light/spotting day.

This strange period has also started a week after I started having problems with GI bleeding. According to my Doc, it is just from hemorrhoids, but the bleeding has lasted for over two weeks. And then to have such a strange period is really starting to worry me.

Should I be worried?

Old 08-29-2006, 11:50 AM   #2
(female)

shannonbarie HB User
Re: Very strange...

I think it's because of the type of surgery you had eventhough you are on BCP's things will be different until your body gets readjusted to what went on. Be patient and perhaps you should ask your doctor about when you should become concerned. As in how long should this last and if it lasts longer then should you be worried. Also ask about the characteristic of the bleeding and when to be concerned. Not everyone has the same reactions after surgery, but a lot are similar. Keep in communication with your doctor. That's what they are there for.. to answer your questions no matter how many you have. Best of luck to you and a continued speedy recovery!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread