It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2006, 10:42 PM   #1
(female)

niknolan HB User
breast pain before my period

Hi ladies

I have my left breast swell with pain for more than a week now and I am having a lot pain. Even when I lift my left arm up my left breast hurts. I am almost due for my period.2 weeks before my period i get severe back and neck pain always and this breast pain is worrying me. My mom had cancer but not breast though. She died of it. I dont know what to think.
Any body else have this symptoms before period. Also my period is smelly (fowl). I dont have long period just 2 days and i am 40 years old around 110lbs. Any help for me please.....I will appreciate your answer very much.
Thank you.

Last edited by niknolan; 09-05-2006 at 10:43 PM.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:22 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User
Re: breast pain before my period

You should have this checked out to be sure it's nothing serious, but I will tell you my story.
I have seen a couple of doctors for the same type of sypmtoms. My pain is hard to tell if it's the breast or chest wall pain. I've been told it could be costochondritis.(see the post on Lupus board). This can be aggravated by heavy lifting or similar activity. I feel much better with motrin or advil.

I also have more swelling/pms pain in my left breast some months. I've always had normal mamograms - last one in June, and I have had breast exams by my gyno in between - last one just yesterday. I am about 1 week from my period and have felt some pain and swelling the past week.
I'm also 48 years old, and am experiencing alot of peri-menopausal sypmtoms, of which this is probaby one.
It's not always usual to have the symptoms in mostly one breast, but not impossible either.
Another factor in my situation, is that I had a breast reduction about 15 years ago - according to Dr., this may make my breasts act differently. When tissue is removed, the surgeon is not necessarily removing the same amount of fat and/or breast tissue on each side, so my left breast may have more sensitive breast tissue than my right.

Hope this helps a bit. If you feel better when you get your period, it's probably hormonal - but get checked out for your own peace of mind.

Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
(female)

niknolan HB User
Re: breast pain before my period

Hi Mary

Thanks you so much and i appreciate your help.
I will see the doctor for peace of mind definitely
Thanks again

Closed Thread