It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2006, 08:23 PM   #1
(female)

CaliGirlie HB User
Exclamation Dizzy & vomiting - not normal for a 20 yr old!

Hi, I'm 20 and lately I've been experiencing wierd bouts of vomiting and dizzyness. First of all, vomiting has never been normal for me. The only time I've ever thrown up is when I'm really, really sick, or have had too much to drink.

It started 2 weeks ago. I was getting ready for work in the morning, and all of a sudden I became really weak and a little dizzy. I felt nauseated and had to keep laying down every few minutes. Finally I went into the bathroom and ended up throwing up a lot of yellow liquid, which I later learned is bile. Afterward I felt slightly better, and by the afternoon I was fine. I thought it might have been food poisoning.

But yesterday morning and again this morning, the same exact thing happened. This is so not normal for me. Yesterday I threw up actual food, but this morning it was the yellow liquid again. I've also developed a urinary tract infection, and I started taking an antibiotic yesterday afternoon, but the vomiting obviously isn't a side effect from it since it occurred before I began taking it. And earlier I was struck with a pounding headache, which is not normal for me either.

If I hadn't just had my period last week, I would suspect I was pregnant with the symptoms I'm having. I'm also on the pill, so I would say that the chances of that are highly unlikely.

I'm just wondering what these symptoms might mean? I've been questioning if it's a wierd virus or something more serious or something. If anyone has any advice or input, I would really appreciate it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2006, 10:49 PM   #2
(female)

kendram HB User
Re: Dizzy & vomiting - not normal for a 20 yr old!

go ahead and test anyway, you can still have a period when your pregnant, and you can still get pregnant on BC pills, it happened to me when I was 18, needless to say, I now have an 8 year old daughter!! Do a test to be sure, it's worth a few bucks to stop worrying over it!

Old 09-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #3
(female)

CaliGirlie HB User

Okay, I took an ept earlier, just to rule out the chance I might be pregnant, and sure enough, it came back negative. I also threw up again this morning and have had headaches on and off all weekend. So I really have no idea what's wrong with me.

My energy level is totally fine most of the time, except when I'm stricken with a sudden wave of nausea and dizzyness. Are these the symptoms of any kind of illness I don't know about?

Old 09-10-2006, 06:44 PM   #4
(female)

kendram HB User

Ok, since your not pregnant, I would go to the doctor if it were me. I don't think if it were a stomach virus it would make you dizzy. Something else might be going on with you. I don't know what it may be but I would go on to the doctor. Good luck, Kendra

Old 09-11-2006, 12:33 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGirlie
Hi, I'm 20 and lately I've been experiencing wierd bouts of vomiting and dizzyness. First of all, vomiting has never been normal for me. The only time I've ever thrown up is when I'm really, really sick, or have had too much to drink.

It started 2 weeks ago. I was getting ready for work in the morning, and all of a sudden I became really weak and a little dizzy. I felt nauseated and had to keep laying down every few minutes. Finally I went into the bathroom and ended up throwing up a lot of yellow liquid, which I later learned is bile. Afterward I felt slightly better, and by the afternoon I was fine. I thought it might have been food poisoning.

But yesterday morning and again this morning, the same exact thing happened. This is so not normal for me. Yesterday I threw up actual food, but this morning it was the yellow liquid again. I've also developed a urinary tract infection, and I started taking an antibiotic yesterday afternoon, but the vomiting obviously isn't a side effect from it since it occurred before I began taking it. And earlier I was struck with a pounding headache, which is not normal for me either.

If I hadn't just had my period last week, I would suspect I was pregnant with the symptoms I'm having. I'm also on the pill, so I would say that the chances of that are highly unlikely.

I'm just wondering what these symptoms might mean? I've been questioning if it's a wierd virus or something more serious or something. If anyone has any advice or input, I would really appreciate it!
Hi Caligirlie............you may want to post this on the Inner Ear Disorders page. I had something very similar to this occur to me twice. The first time was in March of 2004. I woke up one morning with severe dizziness.......so severe that I couldn't stand up. This was all followed by vomiting. This first episode lasted for about 4 weeks. It was the worst thing. The smallest thing would set me off. When I changed position, it would happen, like when I went from standing to laying down or laying to standing.......and even after showering when I would flip my head over to put my towel on. After that initial attack, I went for a year before I had another bad one. During that year, I still had problems with all of the positional changes, just not as severe. I would be dizzy, but not vomit and I tried to avoid those changes if I could, for instance..........I stopped flipping my head upside down to put a towel on. I even stopped dying my hair cause flipping my head upside down to wash my head in the tub would make me too dizzy. To this day I still try to avoid those things. Now when I lay down or get up, I don't have any dizziness at all. In March of 2005.........it got bad all over again, but not as bad as the original in March of 2004........and it lasted about 2 weeks versus 4 before.

You should post something on that board because you'll get some good advice on what type of doc you should see, what you symptoms could possibly be............or it could be something completely different........but it does sound a lot like what I experienced. Good luck.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:36 PM   #6

jasmine1976 HB User

A friend of mine took negative pregnancy test after negative pregnancy test for 6 months. The exact same thing happened to her-vomiting bile, dizzy, sleepy. She finally went and got a sonogram and found out she was 6 months pregnant. She was naturally very little and only had a little pouch at 6 months.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #7
(female)

Colleen04 HB User

I definitly think you should check into ear problems as well. 3 months ago I started getting dizzy and nauseated all the time. Thought I was pregnant...took about 3 tests, which all came out negative. I finally went to the Dr. after a month and I had fluid in my inner ear. It's been 2 months of being treated and it's still not gone. Either way I would definitly go see a Dr...they would know the best.

Old 09-17-2006, 03:41 PM   #8
(female)

tracey30 HB User

I was in my bedroom three years ago standing up trying to put my socks on. The next thing i knew, i was on the floor. I called for my mother and told her id fainted as thats what id thought. I tried to stand up but couldnt, i was so dizzy. My mother panicked and thought i was having a stroke so she called for the doctor but he wouldnt come out and told me to go straight up. With help from my mother, i managed to go. He said i had an inner ear problem and said it often makes people vomit, which i hadnt up till then. When i came home, the room was still spinning and i was sick 8 times. I still have bad dizzy spells when i lay on my infected ear.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:08 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

See a doctor. The dizziness and headaches can indicate brain tumor and as the others have mentioned, inner ear problems.

Good luck.

Closed Thread