It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
(female)

xalkaline3x HB User
Please help!! Monistat 7..how long does it take to work?

I made a post on here last week because I was having some burning in my vaginal area. I gave it the weeked and it wasn't better by Monday so I started using the Monistat Monday night. It burned like hell the first night I used but I did start to feel some relief Wednesday and felt almost completely better yesterday but today it's burning just a little.In the canal a little and on the upper part....I guess my labia. It's been itching a little too. It's not as bad as it was before but isn't the Monistat supposed to have made it completely better by now? I was using the bathroom a lot last night so maybe wiping a lot irritated it? A little of the cream also came out last night after I used the bathroom...not a lot but some...will this keep it from getting treated all the way? Gah...I'm frustrated....I really hope this stuff helps.

I'm thinking of buying some acidophilus pills too...just to help this one and keep myself from getting another one.

Last edited by xalkaline3x; 09-15-2006 at 06:54 PM.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: Monistat 7

Well it is normal for some of the monistat to leak back out this happened with me anytime ive used it in the past.Since your still having symptoms I would go to the doctor.I used to alway's assume ..its another yeast infection and go buy monistat but a doctor told me once "even if you think it is a yeast infection it is best to just come in and have it checked because it could be something else." I am sure it is nothing serious but it could be another type of infection and not yeast so it would have to be treated differntly.Or it could be a bad yeast infection. good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2006, 12:37 PM   #3
(female)

xalkaline3x HB User

So I didn't use any Monistat cream internal or external last night. No burning or anything and I got some sleep. Should I use it tonight? I only have two more days left on it...... I am scared it will burn again though. I'm gonna start the acidophilus pills today for sure.

Old 09-17-2006, 02:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

If it is yeast and you do not use the monistat the way it says to then the yeast may not completley be knocked out and the symptoms will come back.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:21 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

I just went through this myself. I developed the itching/burning after a week on an anti-biotic (I guess this is a common side effect). I used the 3 day monostat, but I still had mild symptoms for a few days after - mostly on the outer area. Then, all of a sudden, it was all cleared up.
I did read on the instructions that the first dose could cause more (temporary) itching,but should get better soon. This happened to me also, but I was much better by the next day.

Just make sure you finish the whole treatment, then give it a couple of days after and see how you feel.

Mary

Closed Thread