It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

Catherine83 HB User
How do I stop bloating from period????

I am so tired of feeling bloated before and during my period. Not only do my pants fit tight but I just feel miserable and I can't get it to go away. I've tried taking Pamprin, Midol, Alieve, Tylenol, and also have tried a heating pad. None of these things seem to help the bloating. Does anyone know of anything else I could try? Thank you - Catherine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
(female)

sleepystardust HB User
Re: How do I stop bloating from period????

I know it sounds daft but try chewing a Remegel, they really help me xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2006, 06:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine83
I am so tired of feeling bloated before and during my period. Not only do my pants fit tight but I just feel miserable and I can't get it to go away. I've tried taking Pamprin, Midol, Alieve, Tylenol, and also have tried a heating pad. None of these things seem to help the bloating. Does anyone know of anything else I could try? Thank you - Catherine

None of those products are really known to help bloating, so it's no surprise that you aren't getting any relief. Sometimes the bloating can't be helped, but there are a couple of things that you can try. Bloating can't be cured by just taking a pill, but requires some lifestyle adjustments.

Decrease your sodium intake for at least a few days before your period is due and during your period. Sodium causes you to retain water, thus causing bloating. Read nutrition labels; you'll be surprised in what foods sodium can hide. Fast-food and frozen meals are especially high in sodium.

Take Vitamin B-6, which acts as a diuretic to remove water retention.

Exercise!

Eat smaller, more frequent meals.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:05 PM   #4
(female)

Frozen HB User

Cut white carbs out of your diet during that time. Brown rice, veggies, fruits, etc are ok. Just stay away from white rice, white bread, etc. Carbs really cause your body to hold extra water.

Closed Thread