It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
(female)

tinklestar10 HB User
Fainted for no reason.. Please help?!

Hey.

I have posted on here a few times in the last few months. Well yeasterday i fainted twice. This was in the evening. I went very dizzy at first and felt like my head wasn't mine, i felt sick and had a massive headache. I eat about 3 hours before i fainted. I was sitting down, i got up and then it hit me and i fainted. My mum helped me out but then about an hour or so later i fainted again.

I felt like this all night. I was speaking to my friend on the phone and i felt really dizzy still and couldn't stand up properly as i felt like i was going to fall over. I have been ok but i'm starting to feel really dizzy again, like i did last night before i fainted. I don't feel sick at all and i have a headache. I have eaten, about an hour ago and i have a hot drink by me right now.

I went to the doctors today about it and he didn't do or say much. He's put me down for some blood tests on tuesday on everything. So i can see if i have anything wrong. He also said to take iron pills because i have been feeling very tired the last few weeks but i have always felt this way but last few weeks have been worse.

What is it? I'm worried because i don't feel at all well and not my usual self. It's wierd.

My symptons are :

Dizzyness
Headaches,
Wierd Periods,
Asthma,
Pains all the way through body,
Tiredness,
Drinking.
Thats all i can think of right now...

What's going on? Someone help please.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2006, 06:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunnydaze1 HB User
Re: Fainted for no reason.. Please help?!

Did you have your blood pressure checked while sitting and then standing up? Sometimes it can fall quickly leading to a fainting spell when you stand up.

My mother went through this, but she's 78 years old and has other underlying health concerns.

Also, are you keeping yourself hydrated?

Other than that, I really don't know but follow your doctor's advice.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:48 PM   #3
(female)

jstoli HB User

Have you been checked for diabetes or any heart conditons?

Old 09-29-2006, 08:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

A few things that can cause fainting spells...
anemia..im sure you will be checked for this with the blood work and it could be a possibility considering you say you have been feeling more tired then usual.

hyperglycemia (low blood sugar)

Vasovagal Syncope I believe this is where the blood pools into the legs quick upon standing and there is a sudden drop in blood preassure which in turn causes one to faint.

Stress...yes hard to believ but it happens I am proof I have actually fainted myself 7 times in the last 13 years I too had major dizziness,nausea,and other symptoms before each faint.I had tons of tests with tons of diff doctors no physical cause found so it was concluded to be due to anxiety and stress.

Dehydration....you need be drinking plenty of water daily other things cannot replace water

Anyway,there are so many reasons a person would faint so its really hard to say especialy for non doctors.I know how scarey it can be believe me its no fun at all but hang in there try to stay calm and let the doctors do their thing.I read once that most people will faint at least once in their lifetimes with no known cause and go on to never faint again.Let me tell you something I do now if I feel those pre faint symptoms come on...If I am near a bed or couch or even the floor I immediately lie down and try to elevate my legs a bit higher then my heart.Anytime I have felt I was maybe gonna faint and did this the symptoms would pass within a few minutes I would continue to lay down until I felt comfortable enough to get up which I would do slowly.If I was out in public I would find somewhere to sit and stick my head between my nees (low) for a minute or two then slowly lift up.This may feel a bit strange in public but it may stop you from fainting.Well I have rambled enough ....you hang in there eat right,drink water and the doctor will figure this out!

Old 09-29-2006, 08:12 PM   #5
(female)

SunlightViolets HB User

Hey,
So Im a 20 year old pretty healthy fem and I have suffered from fainting spells on occasion and still sometimes go blank when I stand up but manage to maintain. I found out that I have low blood pressure and that sugars and other sustaining substances that your body needs to remain concious dont always get distributed efficiently enough to keep me awake. Ive found that always having some sort of snack with me at ALL times helps a lot and drinking lots of water. I get the body aches and such as well, I find too much sleep adds to the pain as well as standing. I know it sounds stupid, but hanging upside down on the monkey bars with my neices and nephews helps a lot. also getting your back adjusted and working the muscles to tone them more helps a lot. Other than that, the only thing I can really say is when you start to feel woozy, stop what you are doing, steady yourself against a wall, close your eyes and take deep steadying breathes.
Good luck:S
Violet

Old 09-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #6
(female)

tinklestar10 HB User

Hey.

Thanks for al your replies you have really helped. Im just waiting for my test now on tuesday morning and i will let you know what happends.

Thanks again x

Old 10-03-2006, 08:20 PM   #7
(female)

summerluvr HB User

i was having fainting... had a blood test and my B12 was difficiant and my iron level was low (even though i've been on iron off and on for at least 6 months) I've started haveing weekly b12 shots, and taking iron again and i haven't fainted again since i've been doing this.

Old 10-05-2006, 11:55 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User

Based on some of your other symptons have them check for sinus infection or ear infection - throws off your inner ear and makes you -- pass out or get dizzy.

Closed Thread