It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2006, 10:56 PM   #1
(female)

survivor77 HB User
abdominal and back pain and cramps/spasms

I have been having this odd back/abdominal pain. I have been to the dr. twice but nothing was concluded. Basically - My muscles get hard and spasm especially during my period. It hurts ALOT.

At first I thought it was a kidney stone but that test showed it was not. Now I feel like it's something really odd. I am a katrina evacuee as well. any ideas? I am going to the dr. again Oct. 10th but am not sure they will know what to do for this. thanks, survivor

Symptoms:
Overview:
Pain started the week before April 1 2006 during my period/menstrual cramps. I was using scented pads accidentally and noticed but did not think it was important. Over the next few months my period grew more painful and I think I had a fever. I couldn’t sit up for 4 days each month for more than a couple of minutes. Then my period started changing when it arrived. Normally it arrives on the 20th to the 30th. It moved to the first, then the 7th and stayed there for a few months. In Sept it came on the 25th or so. That is not normal for me.
After June or so the pain never went away and it hurt all the time. That’s when I first went to the clinic and got antibiotics. That helped some and when I went back for followup they said to come back when I’d been off antibiotics for a few days for another test. I started a new job then and decided to wait till I had time to be out of commission when I quit the meds. I had free samples of cipro (a relative is a doctor) and those will run out Oct. 7th. I did go off antibiotics twice and it hurt so much I went back on again so I could go to work. I expect it to hurt a lot. My period hurt tremendously this month as well. I am going to the dr. on Oct 10th after 3 days off the cipro.

Odd symptoms:
• Painful periods
• Severe back pain
• Severe abdominal pain
• Abdominal bloating – especially when I eat soup, salty fluids
• Sometimes the pain reaches up to my jaw muscles
• Threw up a couple of times
• When it first started B.Movements were very dark, black
• My hair did not grow /stopped growing during the month of July. It then re-started again.
• My skin also had problems in July
• My stomache is distended and bloated everytime i stop the meds. Then it goes down and stops hurting after a few days on meds. I'm not bloated anywhere else at all though.
• The pain and bloating stop when I’m on antibiotics and start again when I stop taking them.
• Sleeping on my back seems to help my processing of fluids somehow
• Warm baths are sometimes the only thing that stops the pain

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2006, 11:45 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User
Re: abdominal and back pain and cramps/spasms

Have you changed your diet and are you possibly ODing on protein, iron or potassium?

Old 10-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #3
(male)

nick89 HB User
Re: abdominal and back pain and cramps/spasms

some of these odd symptoms are no doubt caused by cipro. its an extremely dangerous drug and should only be given out in life and death situations. i and thousands of other people have had a wide range of side effects from this garbage. some of your problems could be from it, something to think about.

Closed Thread