It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Missing period

Warning: Long winded-ness ahead.

I'm about four days late on my period, and I do not know exactly why. I wondered if perhaps my period isn't due when I thought it was - for example, my summer break was three weeks long and I never had my cycle, which would mean I had it probably right before the break began and right after...which would have meant the one after came in the middle of July. However, it came about a week early back in April and it seemed to be coming every 28-30 days based on that early cycle. My dates don't add up; prior to the early cycle, my period came every month on the 18th. The early period, it came the 12th. I want to say I got my period on the 2nd last month, which would mean it would have come between September 30 and October 2. But, my summer break ended on the 14th of July, which means that I would have gotten my period probably no sooner than the 13th. See what I mean by the dates not adding up?

I'll admit I've been under a lot of stress from school...probably unnecessary stress too. But the fact is I've never skipped a period entirely due to stress - I've had my periods be shorter and lighter due to stress, but never skipped one entirely. I've been frantically checking every day for the past week, hoping for it to arrive...all I saw was some clear mucus with the tiniest smear of pinkish blood.

I was sexually active on the 18th and the 20th of September. Both times my boyfriend and I used condoms. They were not ill-fitting, they did not fall off, I saw no rips or tears in them, and he also did not ejaculate. He also knows better than to touch me if he had touched himself moments before, and he has never touched me with semen on his hands, or even slightly damp hands. Although pregnancy seems very unlikely, I just get paranoid about it. I know it's possible for a woman to have symptoms as early as a week after conception, but I have had none except a late period. I'm not nautious or vomiting, I'm not urinating more frequently, my breasts are not sore in the least, they aren't larger, and there's no color change in the areolas. I also am not experiencing a rise in temperature - in fact, I believe my temperature was around 97 degrees. I've been having headaches for the past few days, but a doctor I saw this morning said it's most likely a tension headache, and now it feels like a sinus headache.

I realize that a missed period could be due to a lot of things. I've been eating only broccoli and potatoes and yogurt (not all together ) for the past four or so days, but I don't think that would be the cause. I suppose it's possible that I just didn't ovulate, or maybe my cycles are just being funky again. I'm 19, and I realize that no matter how regular I could be (which I'm not), my cycles are going to be a little weird for a few more years. I have never been entirely regular - my cycles tend to change every few months, and a couple years ago I was at a point where I got my cycle every other month for a while, then every two months, and then I didn't get it for four months. No apparent reason for this...my period just did not show. If I hadn't been sexually active, I'd probably think nothing of this, and even though pregnancy doesn't seem extremely possible, that little fear still sits in the back of my head.

I'm considering going and picking up some parsley leaves to make tea - I have heard parsley tea can help induce a late period. Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User
Re: Missing period

First of all BREATH ha ha! You sound just like me. I skipped all last month. I was supposed to start September 10th and no period. The following weekend I had a smudge of brownish discharge and that was that. So for a month I was going insane wondering why I hadn't started. I was under a LOT of stress and wasn't eating right. I'm 26 and my periods are always on time so I wasn't sure what was going on. I knew I wasn't pregnant but my mind started making me feel pregnant. I would RUN to the bathroom every time I felt like I started and nothing. Well, my next period would be due tomorrow and I started this past Wednesday morning. I have no clue why I was late I just was.

As for keeping up with your times. You really should calculate and try to remember when you will start. Makes life so much easier.

Have you tried a pregnancy test just in case?

Sometimes, your just late. Try not to stress because that can delay it even longer.

Good luck
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 10-06-2006, 09:43 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

I haven't bothered with a test because I always get so scared thinking I'll get a positive result, even when the chance is nigh. My period seems to have started today and it's a bit lighter than usual, but when I stress out like crazy around the time it starts, I can almost always expect a shorter and lighter period, and then it's perfectly fine next month. I'm glad it started, because I couldn't find any parsley tea at the store. I guess two to four days late isn't too huge. I'll see how next month goes, hopefully without stress from school and other health problems.

Thanks for the input, InDueTime05 - I was also doing the running to the bathroom whenever I felt like I had begun my period.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:12 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User

For what it's worth, I don't think you're pg. I think you probably just skipped your period due to stress. I know you said it never happens to you, but it CAN happen anytime. I skipped mine twice due to stress, and it always came back again the following month.

You really need to start keeping track of your dates, though. I always mark the start date of my last period on a calendar I carrry around in my purse. I put a star on the day when my period started so I always know and I have a record of it. If for no other reason, at least you can keep track of when your last period started and when your next one should begin.

Closed Thread