It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2006, 10:29 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
Nervous about pap!

im getting a pap on fri and im very nervous! to thepoint i dont even want to go (but i will) im 34 and i havent had one in a few yrs but it seems all my friends results have been coming back with cancer!!! i went to the dentist had 3 fillings last wk with no novocaine and im more nervous about this than iwas that!! theres no symptoms im hjaving other than not having a period for 4 mths but my doc did blood work for that and said its just one of those things that happens but i dont think thats a sign of cancer! theres no cancer in my family but none in my friends' either!!! i think im just worried they will tell me i have it and i wont know how bad and then i will be all petrified until more tests are run....why the heck am i so worried?!?!?!

Old 10-17-2006, 12:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Re: Nervous about pap!

If that was happening to a lot of my friend's, then I would be worried too. But what are the odds that you and all of your friends would have cancer? The odds would be amazingly slim. Having no period is not a sign of cancer. Irregular bleeding, and spotting is.

You are doing the best thing and that is going to the doctor regularly, every year for a pap smear. I don't buy into this every other year thing. So get some peace of mind by keeping your gyno appointment. Then make sure you see the doctor every year so if something does come along, they would detect ASAP before it becomes really bad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2006, 05:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: Nervous about pap!

What you don't know can kill you. Get the test. But remember that if a doctor tells you you have cancer of the cervix, ask him to research the new findings that it may be a fungis or bacteria & can be cured by shots.

Closed Thread