It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2006, 11:00 PM   #1
(female)

A.Maurelle HB User
How to prevent Large Blood Clots during Menstruation

I'll be quick and to the point:

I know blood clots are normal during menstruation; I know that large clots happen, and if it is especially large, one should "contact your doctor/gynocologist." But what I want to know is, what can I take to help ease the discomfort of having an extremely heavy (and painful) period and very, very large blood clots?

I always pass clots, but I passed one today that seriously scared me. It was about the size of a tennis ball, and this has never, ever happened to me before. I contacted my gynocologist once before when my periods were so bad I couldn't function and she simply prescribed birth control which honestly didn't help the symptoms.

I'm just requesting for any information about how to help this dreadful pain - via painkillers, herbal supplements, whatever. I'm at a point where I need to be able to function and a trip to the doctor's won't help the "here and now."

(Another related question - is having a large ovarian cyst related to heavy and painful periods?)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2006, 04:37 PM   #2
(female)

CatluvsTrav HB User
Re: How to prevent Large Blood Clots during Menstruation

I have been having very heavy periods for about 2 yrs then within the last 6 months I have had blood clots & most are as big or bigger than golf balls. I have extremly painful periods & have been going every 2 weeks that last for 8-10 days. I went to the Gyno & he did a Pap/pelvic exam, Hysterosonography ultrasound with saline injection(a little painful) said he saw a thick Uterus lining & a cyst. He then did a biopsy(Again painful). He said if it comes back ok then I can get a Endometrial Ablation. Its a surgery that burns the lining of the Uterus off. It can stop or make your period very light.

So I would check into those things if I were you. You need test to determine whats causing it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2006, 06:24 PM   #3
(female)

WalksGINGERly HB User

About 5 years ago I started with golf ball or larger size clots with menstruaton. My gyno told me to start taking motrin or advil 4 days prior to onset. It works for me. I just switched to alleve because it is an every 12 hour dose, les chance of wearing off if you miss a 4 hour dose of motrin.

Now that I am getting irregular.( less than 28 days, I am at every 22 now with a 10day stretch)..I am considering the endometrial ablation.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:29 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

ar58 HB User

AM,

There is a homeopathic remedy by the name of Murex which covers the symptoms like large clots, painful menses and ovarian csyts. You may like to try taking a few doese of Murex 30c and see if that helps

Closed Thread