It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2006, 09:33 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

LupieOne HB User
Angry I Have Had My Period Over 3 Weeks Now!!

Hiya! First off, let me explain that I am 40 years old and have many medical problems and health issues, ie: Lupus/Fibro/OA/APS-Antiphospolipid Antibiodies Syndrome-a blood clotting disorder)/High Blood Pressure/Raynauds/Sjogrens/etc/etc/etc.lol

For a bit of history...I had my tubes tied at age 29 after having 4 children-3 of them via c-sections. I had also had a fetal demise at 16 weeks pregnant in 1988 and 2 very early misscarriages within' 2 years of that(all NOW proven to have been caused from the APS-which no one knew I even had back then...or the Lupus for that matter.)
Taking the pill to stop bleeding is NOT an option for me either, due to the Lupus and the blood clotting disorder! I'm already at a higher risk for stroke! lol

Over 3 weeks ago, now, I got my period, which has, for me, ALWAYS been very HEAVY with many clots. I knew from the start of that one, that something was 'off' because it was very light for 3 days-which is NOT the norm for me at all...then it kicked in heavy like it does...BUT, it has yet to stop!!! I have been bleeding now for over 3 weeks and that has NEVER happened in all my years of HAVING a period! I know I turned 40 this past June...but I'm not in menopause yet-have NO other symptoms of THAT! lol So anyways...for the past couple weeks now, I have been even MORE tired than my normal LUPUS/FIBRO exhaustion, even got sent home from work one day because I looked so pale and wasn't feeling good at all-dizzy and tummy was bothering me. I never got 'sick' in the sense of vomiting like a virus bug or anything though. I was out of work the next day because I felt so horrible...all I did was sleep mostly.
This entire time, I am STILL bleeding, not spotting...BLEEDING like I have my period-bright red blood. I am weak, pale, dizzy, lightheaded and now, my tummy is giving me problems again. I am also having headaches and sharp pains in my head. The thought of heading off to the ER...UGH...because honestly, having Lupus and all...its one darn thing after another and ya really get tired of going to ERs!
I know I must be anemic by now and my son, Josh, who's an EMT and an ER Tech, told me Friday-after telling me I'm an idiot for NOT having gone by now-lol-said I am most likely severly anemic by now and they will probably admit me because of my health issues...ESP because I have the bleeding disorder...the APS. I KNOW I have to get this taken care of, and soon!
What I'm wondering though, is about any correlation to my Lupus/APS. Many Lupies have Hemolytic Anemia-and lots get Aquired Von Willibrand's Disease. I have come across BOTH these many times, AS WELL as Lupus, which has come up often during my research of 'prolonged mentrual bleeding'! Its like everything I'm coming across leads back to LUPUS or the APS or BOTH in one way or another-mostly with the Hemolytic Anemia and the Aquired VWD!
I also keep coming across edometriosis.
Any input/answers/advice would be GREAT!! If this is because of the Lupus in one way or another...I feel its a waste of time to run off to a Gyno and that I should just call my Rheumy FIRST and see what SHE has to say about it! THX in advance and THX for reading!

*hugs* Cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread