It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2006, 12:45 PM   #1

nervygirly HB User
vaginal burning after urinating

Hi there,
I have, for a couple of months, been experiencing some urinary/vaginal problems. When I'm urinating, there's no pain at all and seems normal, but when I stand up and walk around after, I get this burning just inside the opening of my vagina, and I'm confused as to whether it's a urinary problem or a gynaecological one. I just had a variety of tests - a vaginal swab, urine test - and nothing has shown up, but I KNOW i'm not right down there at the moment. There's some discharge - some days more than others, but generally I have always had some discharge so I'm not too concerned. Is it Thrush, maybe, or something more sinister?

I'd really appreciate some advice
Thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to nervygirly:
Montiegurl (12-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2006, 04:14 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User
Re: vaginal burning after urinating

If you don't burn after you urinate or hurt, I don't think it sounds like a kidney or bladder infection. You may need to go have it checked out just to make sure though. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2006, 07:53 AM   #3
(female)

frankiesmom HB User

Sounds like a UTI; urinary tract infection. I've had them off and on for years. The only way you can get rid of it is with antibiotics. But to treat the symptoms, drink cranberry juice or get some Azo pills from Wal-mart.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:19 AM   #4
(female)

Tearful_Love HB User

I don't think it's a UTI..because that's the urinary tract but if you feel like you have to pee right after you did..and you go again and nothing happens. It might be a bladder infection/UTI. Sounds like some form of yeast..just without the itching. I'd suggest going to a gyno.

Old 12-03-2006, 01:46 AM   #5
(female)

celebritycs* HB User

go see a urologist. it may be an inflammation of the urethra. they might give u some medication to 'soothe' your urinary tract which works very well
good luck

Closed Thread