It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2006, 03:15 PM   #1
(female)

icedtea123 HB User
after a copolscopy

Hi, I'm sorry if there is a better place to post this but I didn't see anywhere else more specific about my problem. I considered the birth control area but I don't think that's the main problem.

16 days ago I had a copolscopy. It went fine with minimal discomfort and not very much discharge or symptoms afterward. On the 8th day when I had an orgasm (nothing was inserted into my vagina) it was painful and since then I have been spotting and having cramps but also other PMS symptoms. I just went back on DEPO which could explain that, but I'm worried that I am not healing where the biopsies were taken from my cervix but don't know where to find more information on what symptoms I could have. I don't have a fever. My husband and I tried again 2 days ago which was 2 weeks after the proceedure and it still hurt though much less.

I can't find the information I need, I am completely alone as my husband is in the field, I'm stressed out more than I need to be, the average wait time in the emergency room where I have to go is 8 hours, and the pre-recorded message on my doctor's voicemail said it would take up to another 3 days for him to call me back. If anyone can tell me whether its okay to wait or that I should go to the ER now, I would really appreciate your insight. Thank you and sorry for my very long post.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:49 PM   #2
(female)

candace83 HB User
Re: after a copolscopy

Hello, Icedtea123...
I have also had colpo/biopsy done in the past..and I remember spotting and having cramps for quite a while after..If you don't have a fever and otherwise feel alright I would say you are fine. As long as you haven't had anything inserted inside you, your cervix should be healing as well. Also there are a bunch of us who have gone through the same thing on the Cancer Cervical/Ovarian board. You could try posting there for more support.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread