It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Yogurt to prevent yeast infection

Anyway, I have a question pertaining to the whole 'eat yogurt to prevent yeast infection' thing. I'm currently on an antibiotic and my mother has been telling me every day since I started it to eat yogurt so I do not get another infection. First of all, I have been on a much powerful antibiotic than the one I'm currently taking and I was on that previous medication for over two weeks for treatment of an ear infection...never ate yogurt once and did not develop any yeast infections.

Also, I noticed on the yogurt in the refrigerator that my mother buys, the containers do not say anywhere on them that the yogurt contains acidophilus. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but is acidophilus not the bacteria naturally found in the vagina that prevents the development and aides in the treatment of yeast infections? Wouldn't the yogurt need to contain this bacteria in order for it to actually prevent an infection?

I'm just wondering because the yogurt tastes awful and I'd rather take my chances with the yeast than choke that pureed fruit mess down against my will.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-01-2007 at 06:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User
Re: Yogurt to prevent yeast infection

If you don't like yogurt than just take acidophilus pills.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2007, 12:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Stranger
Anyway, I have a question pertaining to the whole 'eat yogurt to prevent yeast infection' thing. I'm currently on an antibiotic and my mother has been telling me every day since I started it to eat yogurt so I do not get another infection. First of all, I have been on a much powerful antibiotic than the one I'm currently taking and I was on that previous medication for over two weeks for treatment of an ear infection...never ate yogurt once and did not develop any yeast infections.

Also, I noticed on the yogurt in the refrigerator that my mother buys, the containers do not say anywhere on them that the yogurt contains acidophilus. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but is acidophilus not the bacteria naturally found in the vagina that prevents the development and aides in the treatment of yeast infections? Wouldn't the yogurt need to contain this bacteria in order for it to actually prevent an infection?

I'm just wondering because the yogurt tastes awful and I'd rather take my chances with the yeast than choke that pureed fruit mess down against my will.
I hated yogurt all my life and now I LOVE it. They have it in strawberry and blueberry and cherry and on the back it should say: CONTAINS LIVE CULTURES. Yoplait brand says this. It *won't* say , "contains acidolphilus." `
as the poster said, just buy a bottle of acidolphilus caps. I prefer the ones that say, "SHOULD BE REFRIGERATED" but you have to go to a store that has refrigerators to find those.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #4

Sicko :p HB User

What the youg. It is full of sugar kinda of making it BS.
]Buy the no fat plain youg. Spring farm or something like that brand has the most good bact. compared to all of them.
I mix mine with cereal and love it now!

Closed Thread