It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2007, 05:16 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User
Prolapsed uterus/discomfort

Hi,
I was told I had a prolapsed uterus last year at my regular checkup. I have always had a retroverted, or tilted, uterus but this prolapse is a surprise. I am 32, two children via c-sections, and I thought I was a bit young for this problem. I have noticed over the years that I have more and more strange pressure in my pelvis, "sore" discomfort after intercourse, and even an achey feeling after a bowel movement. Sometimes I am a bit sore in the pelvic/lower abdominal area when sitting. I also get pain on my ovaries sometimes. One doc once told me I probably had adhesions, I was also told I may have endometriosis but I've never had any surgery to confirm either one of those. I go back to the gyn in about a month since this is a "routine" problem, but does anyone else have any similar experience?

Old 01-31-2007, 07:35 AM   #2
(female)

shawnaslover HB User
Re: Prolapsed uterus/discomfort

Hello,
I am 23 and currently pregnant with my second baby. I had a prolapse after the birht of my son. He only weighed 6lbs. I have already had a uterine suspension repair through laproscopic surgery. I had similar symptoms as you. We are not sure on what damage this second pregnancy will have on my repair work. I hope everything holds. It is hard to find other women young with this problem. hang in there.
Shawna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2007, 11:32 PM   #3
(female)

beachlovr HB User

Hi,
I was recently diagnosed with a prolapsed uterus also. I feel like I am too young for this problem too. I am in my mid-30's and had three children delivered vaginally without much pushing or any complications. I was also told a long while ago that I had a tilted or retroverted uterus. I guess it isn't retroverted anymore and is now at a stage 1 prolapse. I definitely feel a difference from this. I feel a heaviness in the vaginal area that I never had before. I read somewhere that the uterus only weighs 2 ounces when you are not pregnant. It is hard to believe that is weighs only that much as it feels much heavier than that but I guess that is what happens when it is not in its normal place. My uterus is putting some pressure on my bladder which does not feel good either. I am wondering if I let me uterus stay very long on top of my bladder whether it will cause additional problems with my bladder as time goes on.

I asked my urogyne doctor about the uterine suspension and he said that he knew of more people who ended up in additional pain after that surgery and did not feel as though it would be worth it for me because I am done having any more kids. However, I also have been reading terrible stories about having hysterectomies too. My uterus is healthy (no endometriosis or cysts or anything) but it is just not in the normal position. I am also starting to have a lot of lower back pain which I think is related to the prolapse.

Shawnaslover, did you have any pain after healing from your uterine suspension? Were you happy with the results of your uterine suspension? What type of uterine suspension surgery did you have (specific name of surgery)?

I would rather preserve my uterus even though I am done having kids because I heard that once the uterus is removed all the other parts down there start to fall and prolapse.

I need any help and advice anyone can offer.
Thanks!

Old 02-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
(female)

JaydensNana HB User
Unhappy Re: Prolapsed uterus/discomfort

Hi,
I just found this site and I too was diagnosed with a prolapsed uterus this past wednesday along with a cyst on my cervix and endometriosis. I was told I would need a hysterectomy. I have alot of discomfort/pain due all this and was wondering how to deal with it and get back to a "normal" life with my husband who, bless his heart, doesn't want to hurt me anymore so its been a while since we were "together". The pressure of my uterus on my bladder makes me have to go to the bathroom alot. I feel like all these problems are running my life and its very depressing. I have a wonderful and supportive relationship with my husband that I dont want to lose and at times it feels like its interferring. I dont know if that sounds stupid or not but I dont know anyone with these issues. I stay tired, irritable and I either have menstrual type cramping nearly daily and a dull lower backache. And to top it off, we have no insurance, which makes it even more depressing. So, if anyone has any advice on how to get back to a somewhat normal life....please let me know.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #5
(female)

beachlovr HB User

JaydensNana,
I have the pressure on my bladder from my uterus too. I do not have any other problems with my uterus so my urogyne doctor has told me to just live with it the way it is. However, I have been experiencing terrible lower back pains now and wonder if they are caused by my uterus. I wish I had some answers for you but I am looking for them too. I have young children to care for and a baby to lift and carry around all day. Anyone out there have a uterine suspension surgery and have no pains afterwards from it???
beachlovr

Last edited by beachlovr; 02-06-2007 at 08:38 AM.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #6
(female)

Liv HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachlovr View Post
I feel like I am too young for this problem too. I am in my mid-30's and had three children delivered vaginally without much pushing or any complications.
It's not age that primarily gives you a changed uterus position. It's just the fact you had child.

Last edited by Liv; 12-28-2008 at 11:49 AM.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Consultantswami HB User

Homoeopathic medicines Pulsatilla-30 & Sepia-30 taken thrice daily for 2-3 months can help you

Closed Thread