It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
(female)

anitsirhc HB User
Re: Hydrogen Peroxide for BV

hi everyone. i've been reading so much online lately about bv because i want to get rid of it!! my name is christina and i'm 21. and my doctor told me i had bv in august and since then i've been on flagyl 3 times, metrogel once and clindesse twice, not to mention all the prescriptions for yeast infections caused from the antibiotics.

needless to say, i'm done with prescriptions. i was reading about boric acid and i was going to try that first but now i think i will try the peroxide. but i have a few questions. i read about how you should insert lactobacillus (sorry if i'm not saying the right thing) because you need to help the good bacterias grow too? i'm kind of confused actually so i'm probably not making any sense but what should i be doing in addition to the hydrogen peroxide?

right now i'm on flagyl. tomorrow is my last day. i'm getting my period next friday so i think i will do the peroxide after my period to keep the bv from coming back. right now i don't feel like i have it but i'm sure it will come back after my period.

i think it's crazy that you can get better advice from women on forums who aren't doctors than you can get from doctors. i haven't been having any good experience with doctors at all lately.

ok sorry for writing so much!

Old 02-07-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User
Cool Re: Hydrogen Peroxide for BV

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitsirhc View Post
hi everyone. i've been reading so much online lately about bv because i want to get rid of it!! my name is christina and i'm 21. and my doctor told me i had bv in august and since then i've been on flagyl 3 times, metrogel once and clindesse twice, not to mention all the prescriptions for yeast infections caused from the antibiotics.

needless to say, i'm done with prescriptions. i was reading about boric acid and i was going to try that first but now i think i will try the peroxide. but i have a few questions. i read about how you should insert lactobacillus (sorry if i'm not saying the right thing) because you need to help the good bacterias grow too? i'm kind of confused actually so i'm probably not making any sense but what should i be doing in addition to the hydrogen peroxide?

right now i'm on flagyl. tomorrow is my last day. i'm getting my period next friday so i think i will do the peroxide after my period to keep the bv from coming back. right now i don't feel like i have it but i'm sure it will come back after my period.

i think it's crazy that you can get better advice from women on forums who aren't doctors than you can get from doctors. i haven't been having any good experience with doctors at all lately.

ok sorry for writing so much!
Lactobacillious (?) is taken in a capsule form.I take 2 a day,gotem at Walmart,the highest dose I could get.They were 6.00. I also take AZO YEAST (2 a day) Just to keep everything at a calming.I had BV for over a year.I used rePHesh gel.and it got rid of it,at least the odor...Yep, I agree its sad these woman forums help and care more then doctors.Afterall, we are the smarter ones! Good luck girl!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
(female)

tmomma80 HB User

sha4606:Ok I was thinking that I may have bv. I was having a milky discharge and it had a slight odor(not as bad as my past experiences with bv) But now there is not much discharge any more, just normal discharge but the slight odor is still there. You said that rePHresh worked well for you. Maybe that is all I need instead of going back to the gyn. How bad was the bv when you had it and what were the symptoms?

Christina: This peroxide thing does not sound to safe to me. I think that you should just take your medicine properly in its entirety and see what happens. Don't start trying at home remedies because it may make it worse.

Last edited by tmomma80; 02-08-2007 at 11:27 AM.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

Well, I had it over a year, that meant A fishy/bleachy smell.(how embarrassing)I noticed it after sex.The bleachy/ammonia smell was all the time. I had a milky discharge,and was always wet "downthere".The rePHesh was the ONLY thing that took it away. I tried everything(Flagyl,Metrogel)NOTHING worked.I did use rePHesh about 2 weeks before I noticed the smell was gone.It was so disgusting to smell like that! I hated myself.It was symptoms of a yeast infection only worse.I do use AZO YEAST and a probiotic daily.I do still use rePHesh on a monthly basis.Good luck hun.

Closed Thread