It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
(female)

fyreproof HB User
POST Menstrual Syndrome?

Lately I've been breaking out and getting all my mood swings/cravings AFTER my period is over, or when it's starting to end...

Have any of you ever been through the same thing? Is there such a thing as PostMS?

Old 02-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User
Re: POST Menstrual Syndrome?

I don't know, but I have this too. Not much PMS or anything, but I find about a week before I ovulate (just after my period ends), I'm so moody and the silliest things like TV commercials can make me cry. I think it has to do with the fluctuation of hormones in your body. When your period starts, the progesterone in your body falls as estrogen levels increase. Estrogen keeps increasing until it peaks when you ovulate, then progesterone begins increasing. Maybe we're just more sensitive to the estrogen than the progesterone? Who knows?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

i've go that too! I've joked with my friends that my PMS stands for Post-Menstrual Syndrome. I usually get a little depressed after. It's strange because I've spent most of my life with the easiest periods, no pms, nothing, but in the last 3 years, trouble with my periods, and started noticing a pattern of a few days of mild post-period depression. Weird.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
(female)

flo22 HB User

I definitely sympathise with this! The week after my period is always the worst. I've analysed this so much and have reasoned it to being the bodies attempt to make you fertlise an egg. i.e last month an egg was wasted (not fertilised) and now you have one week to change something in your life before the next egg is also wasted. I figure being depressed is your bodies way of letting you know you have to change something.

it's terrible for a few days! But I'm a pretty happy for the rest of the time so I just put up with it. I'm a bit worried that this might make me susceptible to post natal depression though (haven't had a kid yet, but what if this is due to the same hormones?!!).

Old 04-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

sandypar1968 HB User

You know I have been taking vitex (chasteberrry) for about a year and a half now as I am perimenopause. I have noticed a great improvement. Periods are more "normal" cramping is less and I feel better overall. I highly recommend you check this herb out. Worked well for me.

Closed Thread