It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
(female)

worried.mom HB User
Angry smelly period

hi, i wonder if any one can help me! I don't know if this is perimenopausal i'm 46,my last period was one week on, one week off, then two weeks on, but what i noticed was that it was smelly dispite bathing and washing.I had my pap smear test(still awaiting results) and a vaginal swab taken,the vaginal swab came back showing a little thrush and straphylococcus.Have finished the antibiotics for the straph infection, am now taking a pill for the thrush, just finished another period but it still smells especially towards the end.
Have looked on the internet but can't find anything about smelly periods,the nurse has told me to go back and see the doctor if it still smells, because it could be something that doesn't show on the smear or swab, anyone got any ideas what it could be.
Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks

Old 02-18-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Deeraysmom HB User
Re: smelly period

Some antiboitics don't work on certain infections ....sometimes you have to try different antibotics because they can cause an yeast infection....I got antiboitcs for a abscess tooth once and ended up with a horrible yeast infection... don't know which was worse... lol ... hope your dr. finds the problem but I believe you can have an infection even during your cycle which is where your odor is coming from..... best to you.... Dee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #3
(female)

asimpson57 HB User

Do you use tampons or pads?

Old 02-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #4
(female)

worried.mom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimpson57 View Post
Do you use tampons or pads?
I use pads now,used to use tampons but periods are to heavy now and they started hurting me.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
(female)

asimpson57 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by worried.mom View Post
I use pads now,used to use tampons but periods are to heavy now and they started hurting me.
when I used to use tampons I used to have a bit of an odor too. I think the tampons allow bacteria to be drawn up into the vaginal area. I think now that you use pads, things should start to improve. If you were still using tampons I'd advise you to stop but since you aren't...

Closed Thread