It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2007, 06:59 AM   #1
(female)

sophiekaris HB User
Unhappy a little scared

ok so i am 24 and healthy and my periods have been about 35 day cycle since i can remember. but lately especially this cycle which now i am late 1 week i have been getting some funny symptoms. I have been getting

very oily hair
fine hair
breaking hair and its coming out from the root too
pimples of my back
dry skin ( could be just the harsh winter )
my breasts hurt
I have no cramping no abnormal bleeding what so ever.
I have joint pain too
I am always tired and never feel i sleep enough
I am very teary and get depressed easily..

I mean i have a stressful job some what and I have been excercising alot too but i dont think that has had any role in it ?

My husband feels so bad for me because he doesnt know what is wrong.

I have made an appointment to see the GYN next week but i have been doing some research on my symptoms

Has anyone ever had this happen to them, I am not on any birth control we just use condoms I have taken a pregnancy test yesterday and it said i wasnt pregnant.

I am starting to worry a little now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #2
(female)

luvmy2kids HB User
Re: a little scared

Have you researched PCOS? A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with it and she has some of the same symptoms as you. I think there is also a PCOS board on here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2007, 07:28 AM   #3
(female)

sophiekaris HB User

yeh i have but i havent been getting any excess hair growth... and my periods have been coming just at odd times...

Old 02-21-2007, 07:30 AM   #4
(female)

sophiekaris HB User
Unhappy Re: a little scared

yeah i have researched it and I have not been getting any excess hair growth.. im thinking maybe this is hormonal? or even my thyroid...? I know my aunty has it ( my dads sister ) I dont know... I really want to be able to have kids later on .

Old 02-21-2007, 07:41 AM   #5
(female)

luvmy2kids HB User

Well, my friend doesn't have excess hair growth either and she has two kids. Just a suggestion. I know that there are tests that can test your hormones, so hopefully your gyn will order them. Good luck.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
(female)

darkwater HB User

Yes, I agree with the others that you need to be tested for several things. Thyroid problems and hormonal problems come to mind, so be sure to ask about those. From my point-of-view, the symptoms that jump out at me are joint pain, hair loss from the root, dry skin, pimples on your back, and that you are always tired. I think you should be tested for several autoimmune diseases, lupus being the main one that comes to mind, but there are others. Everyone is so different, but I had every single one of these symptoms you mention before I was diagnosed with lupus.

Joint pain: for me it was my ankles and knees, especially in the morning, it was hard to get up, ankles just didn't want to work. But also joint pains in my fingers and hips. But mysterious arthritis-like pains in someone who hasn't had it before and is very young are suspicious. And no gynecological problem I can think of causes joint pain.

Hair loss: the falling out from the root. You try to tell people that you are losing a lot of hair and the first thing everyone would say to me is, oh, my hair breaks all the time, everyday, that is normal. But then you try to make them understand that your hair is not breaking out, it is coming out by the root, and it is too much to be normal. And mine got SO dry. I was using all kinds of products and conditioners on it and nothing made it less dry.

Dry skin: again, like the hair, skin so dry, soaks up every bit of moisture you put on it and it is still so dry that it makes you uncomfortable. Are you having dry mouth or dry eyes or vaginal dryness at all?

I got what I like to call "lupus acne" on my back and neck areas. Not normal acne, I have had some of that over the years, but these bumps wouldn't heal up and go away like normal acne. They would come and seem to stay and stay for many weeks, sometimes months. I would think they were about to heal up and leave, then they would seem to come back to life. And they return in the very same spots over and over again.

The fatigue: I would get up and manage to get ready and go to work and within a couple of hours, I would be wanting to turn around and go get back in bed (and sometimes I did). I thought all of the fatigue and other symptoms were from depression, but it turned out to be much more.

And my periods got to where they would be anywhere from a couple of days to a week or so late, for no reason.

So get yourself checked out, okay? Good luck!

Old 02-22-2007, 05:17 AM   #7
(female)

sophiekaris HB User

the joint pain is mainly back pain.... i think its related to the position how i sit at work. Today i feel like my period is coming and that all this worrying has delayed it. most likely.
so now the symptoms really are just my hair falling out about 10 or 12 strands from the root per day and my period just being late with the occasional pimple on my back i had a look last night and it was clearing up ... now i dont know when to count my period from i got it new years day and i was so happy because it would have been so easy to track it .. but now the date is feb 22 so i know something strange is going on ... thing is before this period it was actually in sync for a while.
Now cause i have done so much reading i am actually looking for the symptoms more that anything ..which is upsetting me even more !
Last night i was lying in bed and I had cramping like it was on its way... and my discharge is a cream color? Am I ovulating? I think all this worrying has delayed it ... the hair falling out might also be related to stress considering i have a very stressful job.... what are others opinions

Closed Thread