It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

tandjsmom HB User
cycle changing?

HI

I'm almost 32, I stopped Yasmin on Dec. 2. I have had 4 very light cycles since than. On Yasmin my periods were actually heavier and longer. My whole life (on bc or not) my periods have always been heavier and longer. Any time I stopped bc before my periods always returned to normal quickly. My cycle now is mostly several days of spotting and 1-2 days of actual "flow". It's also much darker in color. I have always heard that that in your 30's your cycle gets longer and heavier - I was actually nervous to stop Yasmin for this reason.
I know I need to wait a few more months to make sure Yasmin gets out of my system. However right now my period is very tolerable. Is it because of the Yasmin? Or I am just changing?
I have also had 2 normal births/pregnancies, and have been menstrating for almost 21 years.
Any Thoughts?
Thanks!

Old 02-23-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User
Re: cycle changing?

I'm not sure, but I've had the same issues since stopping Ovcon 35. I've had 8 cycles off BCPs, and each one, my period flow is light and scanty at best. It lasts longer than while on the pill, but most of it is spotting. I only need tampons 1-2 days (and sometimes even light tampons by the 2nd day) and then just pantyliners thereafter. I have run across many women on health forums who have had this issue since stopping the pill.

I'm not sure if it's my hormones changing or if the pill just really whacked out my hormones; I'm 29 years old. I think the culprit may be the pill. I have an appointment next month with an endocrinologist and am going to see about getting my hormone levels checked. I've had a lot of water retention in my legs from the pill that has improved but not gone away completely since stopping the pill. Another weird thing is that I no longer have PMS? I always used to have PMS, so I don't know what is up with that. Now, I get very moody & anxious in my cycle right around the time I ovulate and I never used to be this way before.

Last edited by livinTX; 02-23-2007 at 08:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread