It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
(female)

babydawl55 HB User
Angry Yeast Infection & RepHresh

I am at my wits end. I am 27 years old, and in my life I've had yeast infections, BV, chronic UTIs....and even cytolytic vaginosis. Because I have suffered with these ailments, I have gotten pretty good at distinguishing one from the other. I also have HSV2 (for those lucky girls that don't know what that means...Herpes Simplex Virus 2). Three months ago I got an outbreak....which was almost as aweful as the first one. After that cleared up....I noticed what seemed to be a yeast infection. Took Monostat 3.....didn't clear up. Then I figured I was wrong....and it was really cytolitic vaginosis (which has eerily similar symptoms...but is practically the complete opposite of a yeast infection). So I douched with baking soda & water......the treatment for CV. That must have enraged the yeast....because it didn't go away and seemed to just get mad at me. Burning Burning BURNING. So I go to the natural foods store and buy some Candida Cleanse, Pau D'arco, and Acidophillis. Finally, my health insurance kicks in at my new job, and I go see a gyno. She swabs me and thinks its BV. I was weary because there was no odor at all. But she insisted it was and sends my tests to the lab. She prescribes Flagyl. I am finally happy....thinking the end is finally in sight. I take the Flagyl (which I've taken before) and still no relief. I make another appt with another gyno....and he opens me up and looks around, and even does a wiff test right infront of me (as I am blushing in embarrasment). He does the labs right then...and comes back to tell me that I have plenty of good bacteria (b/c I've been swallowing acidophillis like candy) and he did see yeast. GREAT. So he gives me two pills of Diflucan to take 3 days apart. I am nervous because i don't know if Diflucan will work. So I triple my combative attacks....and go on a strick no yeast-sugar diet, take the supplements, take the prescription. This was two days ago. Yesterday, I searched all the local drug stores and bought RepHresh....because I have been reading so many magical things about it. I squeezed that inside last night....and this morning in the shower, I noticed two new things: 1) a drippy substance! More like water....clear & thin. And 2) hard white clumps. But now I'm confused??? The drippy substance seems hopeful.....maybe I'm on the way to recovery??? But the white clumps are intriguing. My initial assumption was, "Horray, these are hard clumps of dead yeast, and I should clean these out and I'll be good as normal." But then I read that NO....this is the RepHresh....that's what it looks like when its been inside a while...hanging out. So if that is true.....then I shouldn't "clean them out" and instead leave them to do its pH balancing magic??? My initial instinct is to do a hydrgen peroxide & water douche to wash them away.....but that may make things worse.

Has anyone had experience with Yeast & RepHresh? What was your experience?

Please. I need advice. I need support. I need this to be gone.

I

The Following User Says Thank You to babydawl55 For This Useful Post:
latisha1106 (04-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User
Re: Yeast Infection & RepHresh

OK,First of all, I have had chronic yeast problems and BV for over a year...NOTHING helped.(or did the complete job)My OB/GYN gave me rePHesh, and yes it does help....yeast.It balances out your vaginal PH, which causes infection if its off.It has helped me alot. I too, thought the white clumps were washed out yeast....nope...thats just the rePHesh.I wouldnt do the paroxide mix yet...see how the rePHesh works for you.I use it once a month now...even just for freshness.Maybe you are putting WAY too many products "up there"....which is screwing things up for you.Good luck hun, let me know!!!!RePHesh stays in you for about 3-4 days.The liquid stuff is probley it melting inside you.

Last edited by DNSX3; 03-01-2007 at 05:34 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to DNSX3 For This Useful Post:
latisha1106 (04-18-2012)
Old 03-02-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
(female)

jvenstar HB User

PS. I know you have lots of problems down there, but ACIDOPHYLIS really works to help keep everything normal. check it out at a nutrition or supplement store. And give it a go. it really really helps

Old 03-02-2007, 01:12 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvenstar View Post
PS. I know you have lots of problems down there, but ACIDOPHYLIS really works to help keep everything normal. check it out at a nutrition or supplement store. And give it a go. it really really helps
Hey, I too, use Acidilious...and AZO YEAST daily.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
(female)

babydawl55 HB User

Thank you for your replies. I've been taking Acidophilis pills with 3 billion organisms twice a day for about three weeks now. My gyno did tell me that I had lots of good bacteria.....so I assume its from that....but the pesky yeast is defiant. Today I took my 2nd dose of Diflucan. So far, I still have firey pain down there. I am debating going on another round of Monostat while the Diflucan is in my blood stream. I must have some very stubbon yeast, and maybe doing both treatments will rid it. Does anyone think this is a good idea??? Or should I just wait out the Diflucan and stick with the Acidophilis???

March is now month 4 of this nightmare.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:05 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

I think you should take 2 AZO YEAST daily too. Thats what I have to do.I have yeast problems.(stubborn lil suckers)So, I just take acidilious,and AZO.I do take Diflican monthly as a provenitive measure.(i also use rePHesh monthly)I think these are the things you should try, the AZO has special yeast fighting things in it.Its amazing the crap us woman need to go through??!!

Old 03-05-2007, 09:59 PM   #7
(female)

jvenstar HB User

Stop!!! stop taking those drugs, they are causing your bacteria to BE more resistant. Let the acidolphyilis do its work.
My nutritionist said if its really bad, put some of the pills into your vagina, to jump start the bacteria. If it does go away, then honestly, I dont think its a yeast infection, it could be a bacterial infection. I had one of those, and nothing stops that except antibiotics

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydawl55 View Post
Thank you for your replies. I've been taking Acidophilis pills with 3 billion organisms twice a day for about three weeks now. My gyno did tell me that I had lots of good bacteria.....so I assume its from that....but the pesky yeast is defiant. Today I took my 2nd dose of Diflucan. So far, I still have firey pain down there. I am debating going on another round of Monostat while the Diflucan is in my blood stream. I must have some very stubbon yeast, and maybe doing both treatments will rid it. Does anyone think this is a good idea??? Or should I just wait out the Diflucan and stick with the Acidophilis???

March is now month 4 of this nightmare.

Old 03-06-2007, 03:18 PM   #8
(female)

babydawl55 HB User

I took the 2nd pill of Diflucan on Friday.....but pretty much lost hope in the "azole" drugs. I know I do not have a bacterial infection. I've had two different gynos run labs on me, and bacterial infections are completely ruled out. But yeast has been present both times. So I started to think two things: 1) I am resistant to the traditional OTC and Diflucan treatments...i.e. the "azole" drugs. Not surprising since I've been using them on and off for about 10 years. And 2) I think perhaps I have another strain of Candida.....like glabrata which is more stubborn and often unaffected by "azole" treatments. So I decided to try Boric Acid suppositories. I have been reading a lot about Boric Acid, and learned that not only has it been used by midwives and such for hundreds of years.....but it is also effective against most strains of Candida.

[deleted]

So I started this treatment on Saturday 3/3/07.....600 mg Boric Acid suppositories morning and night. I noticed immediate relief. The constant burning fire in my crotch seemed to subside. The entire environment of my vagina seems to be changing. Instead of the thick white yeasty crap inside......now its almost a clear-thin-watery consistancy (like normal!). But I know its not my normal fluids yet.....its the Boric Acid melting inside and killing the evil yeast. I intend to stick with the Boric Acid treatment for the recommended 14 days (10 more days to go).

In the interim......I am STILL taking acidophilis and pau d'arco....and eating virtually a yeast & sugar free diet.

I am really crossing my fingers here. If this doesn't work, I'll have to get a divorce and become a nun......

Thank you for your responses and advice. Just having people to talk to about such a frustrating and embarassing problem makes a huge difference.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-22-2007 at 07:06 AM. Reason: This board is for your own writing only. Do not cut and paste text from other sources.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #9
(female)

Skinamarinka HB User

Hello,
What has helped me has been a few drops of Oreganol oil (from north american herb and spice co.) mixed with some olive oil. At the first sign of any itching or infection rub in well into the vagina. It may burn a little if you do not have enough oil to dilute it with. It works with only one application if you catch it soon enough. Oregano oil is a wonderful anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral agent.
Best wishes.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:32 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I get yeast-like symptoms practically every month from being on the birth control pill. The gyno said it wasn't an infection and it isn't unbearable or anything.. just a pain to deal with! More like a mild infection feeling type thing.. but would taking acidophylis help with this? I really don't want to switch pills since I was getting sick every time I had my period and it really helped with that.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #11
(female)

babydawl55 HB User

You should switch pills.....there are so many out there....why stick with one that gives you this nightmare.

I myself went off the pill in October. I thought I needed a break. And I STILL got the mother of all yeast infections

I am going to go back on the pill, but I want to wait until the yeast infection is gone.....I don't want to anger it more.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #12
(female)

babydawl55 HB User

So today is Day 5 of the Boric Acid suppositories.....600 mg morning and night. The first couple days seemed pretty good......the burning from the yeast infection seemed to subside. The white aweful discharge is gone....but only because it is completey replaced with melty boric acid. The recommended treatment is for 14 days. But the problem I have now is the boric acid is starting to burn too. Has anyone ever used boric acid before? I've done some internet research on it, and they say that boric acid is perfectly safe and can't cause damage to my body....but it HURTS....just like the freakin yeast infection.

But then I'm scared of stopping the boric acid too soon, and the yeast is not killed.

Advice???

PS.....yes, I am still taking acidophilis and azo yeast pills.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:03 PM   #13
(female)

babydawl55 HB User

So today is Day 5 of the Boric Acid suppositories.....600 mg morning and night. The first couple days seemed pretty good......the burning from the yeast infection seemed to subside. The white aweful discharge is gone....but only because it is completey replaced with melty boric acid. The recommended treatment is for 14 days. But the problem I have now is the boric acid is starting to burn too. Has anyone ever used boric acid before? I've done some internet research on it, and they say that boric acid is perfectly safe and can't cause damage to my body....but it HURTS....just like the freakin yeast infection.

But then I'm scared of stopping the boric acid too soon, and the yeast is not killed.

Advice???

PS.....yes, I am still taking acidophilis and azo yeast pills.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:58 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

I feel really bad for you Babydawl.I have yeast problems all the time, And It makes me crazy.I just give up.I take the 2 Azo and the Acidillious daily,Plus the rePHesh and Diflucan monthly.I guess if I were you, I would call and just talk to the OB/GYN nurse about your problem, see what she says.My OB/GYN nurse is awesome,and very understanding...she even hugged me cuz I was crying over BV.I used Boric Acid along time ago..I do not recall it burning,BUT I did not have 600mg either.I think they were 100 mg.Maybe your burning your insides?? I know the pharmacist told me Boric Acid is extreme measures,and he didnt reccommend them.I dont know sweetie.It just seems so lose/lose hey???!!! Keep me posted to how your doin,Its nice to know someone else has the same problems.~Shan

Old 03-09-2007, 09:44 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

I have had yeast and BV infections for many years. the onlything that has helped me is the Boric Acid. It was and still is a god send. 600mg 2x a day is the correct dosage. I have a drug store compound them for me,my doc writes out the script.
If your are making up your own make sure that use are using a pharmacutical grade of Boric Acid. I do find that after a few days the Boric Acid does burn. I have never used it for 14 days in a row. usually 4 or 5 days then give it a break does the trick.

Closed Thread