It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2007, 09:43 PM  
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
Boil in pubic area

I have what seems to be a boil caused by an ingrown hair saw a dr and he said it doesnt look too bad and i dont need meds for it yet BUT its purple hurts like hell and is very hard and lumpy under the skin is there any relief i can get from this or anything i can do to get rid of it?

Old 03-03-2007, 04:52 AM  
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User
Re: Boil in pubic area

Hi,

I've had a few of these, and yes they can hurt!!! My Dr said to soak in very warm water (be careful not to get burned). I happened to have a sitz bath so that worked great. It went away in a couple of days and the soakiing helped it feel better right awary. Sometimes they will come to a head and burst - immediate relief.
I get them because I cycle and the area get irritated.

Good Luck.

Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2007, 06:59 AM  
Veteran
(female)

Deeraysmom HB User

Try a warm (not hot) epsom salts bath they help me ......... Dee

Old 03-03-2007, 12:56 PM  
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I get those during my period because of chafing. They are very painful! I don't know whether it really works or not but I've put preparation H on them to try to get them to shrink. I've also tried cortisone cream, the idea being that the steroid would hopefully shrink them. Can't say whether it really works but... I think it helped a little. Some of the pain was relieved when I used the prep H.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:08 AM  
Veteran
(female)

wholegrain HB User

I get these from time to time and they are AWFUL. The first time, when I was a teenager, my mom took me to the gynecologist because we thought it was a tumor or something. What she recommended was soaking in a hot bath and then if it hasn't burst on it's own, popping it with a sterile lancet of some sort. Every time I get one, I soak for an hour or so in hot water and it's always burst on it's own. I'll push on it lightly with tissue to drain all the pus out and it instantly stops hurting, and heals up in the next couple of days.

The following user gives a hug of support to wholegrain:
kjscarberry0616 (10-06-2011)
Old 03-04-2007, 10:46 AM  
(female)

TLopes27 HB User

Boils are infections and are easily spread. When I didn't know better, I used to pop mine ALLthe time as they really annoyed me... Not really realizing that this would spread them. So after a gyn appt, she noticed some and actually inserted needle to numb the area, and scooped them out and stitched up the areas. i have like 3little scars down there and have not had one SINCE. this was about 8 years ago too.

Old 03-11-2007, 02:08 PM  
(female)

plainjayne HB User

i get them too i pick mine as the pain involved in getting rid of it is much better than waiting for it to go!use a hot pin and expect pain!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:48 PM  
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

Just an update on my lump lol i left it alone for a bit because my dh "told" on me to the dr about trying to burst it lol and he said leave it alone so i did then i remembered it last wk when i was about to go in the shower, didnt look down just rub it and uck clear fluid just came pouring out! so i figured ok ur ready to go so i took a pin to the rest of it and it has cleared up alot now and is shrinking, thanks for the advice with the hot water seemed to help.it really sucked having this and im not looking forward to my next one! had one on my bum yrs ago and got dh (he is such a great manto look at it and he said it was all green,blakc and blue and squeezed it lightly and the entire thing oozed like crazy and it wasnt a pimple but a boil and sitting was not pleasant!