It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
(female)

Countrymom1 HB User
Missed Period

I am currently on BC pills, BUT I am now 2 weeks late having my period. I am always consistant. I was sick with chest cold and strep and was taking antibiotics on 3 different occasions and also missed 2 pills and made them back up within 2 days. The pharmacist said the anti. could decrease the effectiveness of BC pills. I also was taking Mucinex and had an inhaler. I had cramping week before and week that I should have had period but not even a bit of spotting, also had sore breasts. I feel fine now, but don't want to take BC pills if there's a chance I'm preg. I have taken three pregnancy tests that came out negative. Don't know if I'm pregnant or if it's possible that all the meds I was on could have screwed me up. Just wanted another opinion. Dr. said if I took test that comes out positive to call and they'll get me in, but I'm getting concerned that there's a problem.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

try-ink HB User
Re: Missed Period

Wait and see...........

Seems like the only thing you can do right now.

And It's good to know, that you have discuss this with your doctor....I'm sure they are helpful (??)

I would have done the exact same thing (take 3 HPT). Since all the results are negatives........sorry, but maybe you are not pregnant.

How about a blood test?? Maybe that can help ease you mind.

yeah....It's a good idea to stay off the BC pill for now (just in case). And all Medications for that matter. Even though I am not a doctor.......I wouldn't want to take anything either to harm my baby (that is.....if I were pregnant)

Good luck....hope all is well.

Last edited by try-ink; 03-05-2007 at 02:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2007, 07:03 AM   #3
(female)

Countrymom1 HB User

Thank you for your input. I have contacted my Dr. again and I go in this week for blood work. She said that the meds could be a problem but not probable. Although I wasn't "planning" this, either way it'll be ok. I have a 10 year old and 6 year and just started working again after having stayed home with those two.

We'll see how the results come out and go from there.

Thank you for your reply

Old 08-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #4
(female)

lvm6 HB User

same thing happened to me. but i knew i couldnt be preg since my hubby had a vasectomy 5 yrs ago and i dont take BC pills. i just missed the first period of my life at age 35 in July. went 43 days since i had strep last (back in June) and incidently was also the first day of my last period. i'm guessing it was the amoxicillin that messed me up.
now i finally got my period but also sick again with strep throat! so i'm back on antibiotics.

Last edited by lvm6; 08-01-2007 at 03:00 PM.

Closed Thread