It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
(female)

tinytoes HB User
tubal ligation

i am not sure if i should post this here or on the birth control thread......

i am thinking of having a tubal done and spoke with my dr. today. i am all gung ho about it but still have a few reservations. from what i read on the internet, some women have worse pms symptoms. i seriously don't think i could get worse but a lot of things so far in life have surprised me!

anyone out there with experience??

thanks

Old 03-05-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

teacher2be HB User
Re: tubal ligation

hey yes i had a tubal done in feb of 2006 and right away it was awful. i knew nothing about side effects until after the surgery. the cramping was awful and i had alot of heavy bleeding during periods. i usually lived on the heating pad it was so bad. see the thing is is that your ovaries are not getting the blood supply. it was alot of pain and hot flashes like craz. pms was bad and headaches too. i felt like someone was electocuting me in ovaries. it drove me crazy. after the surgery i typed in "tubal ligation" in the internet and saw all these websites (you should do it) about post tubal ligation syndrome where all these women after having tubes tied where having problems with having to have hysterectomies and going into early menopause because of tubal i thought "i don't think so" i wish i had known all of this before my surgery because i would not have done it. well i had mine reversed in january of this year and am better. just look it up on internet and it is very interesting information to read about women that have already had the surgery. good luck on whatever you decide.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2007, 01:44 PM   #3
(female)

Lynn893 HB User

I had mine done 4 months after I gave birth to my last child (7 years ago).

Two things I've noticed are:
Evening before period starts, I'm really irritable (so leave me alone!!!)
and, I do bleed heavier for the first 2 days of my period, then it tapers to nothing, completely stopping after the 3rd day for a day, then on the 5th day spotting of brownish blood (the cleansing of the womb).
Cramping is only about an hour before I actually start my period and usually lasts a couple hours - tylenol helps with that.

My suggestion is, if you are done with reproduction, get fixed.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:18 AM   #4
(female)

Tralynn222 HB User

Everyone is different. You can't go by what other women have experienced after having a tubal ligation. I had mine done 12 years ago and it was the best thing that I ever did. I had no aftermath and I don't have to worry about getting pregnant. Do your research and then decide.

-Traci

Last edited by Tralynn222; 03-08-2007 at 07:18 AM.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:48 AM   #5
(female)

tinytoes HB User

i have heard soo many stories that go both ways! good for some and bad for some. i guess it's like anyother medical procedure out there. dh and i have decided to put everything off for awhile until we can really think this all thru. we might just go with a vasectomy later on. thanks for replies!

Old 03-08-2007, 05:54 PM   #6
(female)

Flamingo22 HB User

I'm curious as to the ages of the women that had it done. I'm only 23 but my husband and I never want children so tubal ligation is something I've thought about. The only thing that stops me is my age. Being so young it would probably be more difficult to find a doctor that would do it. I've also heard that younger women that have it done are more likely to feel very regretfull afterward.

any thoughts?

Old 03-12-2007, 02:44 PM   #7
(female)

amy5011 HB User

Flamingo
My Dr wouldnt even give me one right after I had my last child at 32, I wanted on but they said I was to young. NOW I really want one, and dont have insurance that will cover the procedure unless it is medically necessary.
I dont want to be on BC anymore, but dont want to have any more children either.
So whats there to do

Old 03-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #8
(female)

Lynn893 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo22 View Post
I'm curious as to the ages of the women that had it done.

I was 30 1/2 when I got my tubal done. It was 4 months after the birth of my 3rd child, and I knew that I ws finished having children.

It was a fantastic choice for me and my husband - no worries about unprotected sex! )

Old 10-14-2007, 09:17 AM   #9
(female)

jenl37 HB User

I just had my tubes tied on October 9, 2007. It's not bad at all. On the discharge papers, it says that you can drive 48 hours after surgery. I have a small incision under my naval. I have about 4 or 5 stitches. I had my surgery at 7:00 am and I was home by 9:30 am. The day of the surgery, I was tired and slept alot but the next day i was up and moving around with minimal pain. Other than some slight gassy problems, I felt fine. Today, Oct. 14, 2007, I feel still a little gassy. I was on the depo. shot before i decided to tie my tubes. I recieved my last depo. shot in Sept. 2007. Haven't gotten my menstrual cycle back yet but i will let everyone know how it goes when i do. So far...No problems at all.

Closed Thread