It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User
Please help. :( CONSTANT yeast infections.

As the subject line says, I have constant yeast infections. Its almost as if I have a yeast infection at all times. I'm 21 years old and I'm sexually active, (or at least I'm TRYING to be) and this is taking its toll on my sex life with my bf. I'm beginning to think I'll never have sex again. If anyone has ANY ideas on what I can do to stop this please let me know. I'm getting desperate. And I know that my bf isn't reinfecting me because I gave him one of my prescriptions of Diflucan and we haven't had sex since. I also just came off of a round of antibiotics so this yeast infection I have now is probably going to be hell to get rid of. I'm already taking acidophilus. Please, throw ANYTHING my way. At this point I'm willing to try anything.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
(female)

fi_sparkle HB User
Re: Please help. :( CONSTANT yeast infections.

Hello, sorry to hear about your problem here are some things that have been found to help:
Home remedies to treat a yeast infetcion -
- A garlic suppository (a peeled garlic clove wrapped in gauze that's inserted in the vagina)
- A tampon dipped into a 3 percent solution of potassium sorbate (15 grams of dry potassium sorbate in one pint of water) -- a common preservative in the home brewing of beer -- that's inserted in the vagina at night and removed in the morning
- A tampon dipped in plain, bio-pot yoghurt thats sugar free and contains acidophilus.

And some thinsg to prevent them once cured -

1) Drink lots of fluid everyday (for an active infection, drink enough to pour out a good stream of urine every hour).
(2) Urinate frequently and don't try to hold a full bladder.
(3) Wipe from front to back and wash your genital area with plain water at least once a day.
(4) If you use sanitary napkins during your period, change them frequently.
(5) Wear cotton underpants and avoid tight jeans or clothing that cuts in the crotch.
(6) Avoid or EASE UP ON CAFFEINE AND ALCOHOL, which irritate the bladder.
(7) Try drinking unsweetened cranberry juice, which makes your urine more acidic and helps to prevent both UTIs and yeast infections (yeast can't thrive in acidic environments).
(8) AVOID REFINED SUGAR, plain and simple. And if you can't avoid sweets, cut down substantially.
(9) Keep up your resistance by eating well, resting well, and finding ways to reduce the stress in your life.

Hope some of this is helpful x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 06:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

In addition to acidophilus, you might try taking AZO yeast pills too. I had more success with AZO yeast pills preventing infections than with an acidophilus supplement. I still take the acidophilus too, but I really think it is down to the AZO yeast pills that my recurrent yeast infections have improved greatly. I was getting an infection every 3 weeks or so, I started taking AZO yeast pills and went 5 months between infections, which was a miracle for me. Now I'm 2 months from that infection and counting again (I think a big part of the reason I came down with that yeast infection was due to stress).

You can buy AZO yeast pills in the drugstore near the OTC yeast infection treatments like Monistat. Sometimes, I can find AZO yeast pills at Wal-mart, sometimes not, but it's always at the drugstore. They are similar to acidophilus and contain friendly bacteria for the vagina, but for me, at least, these are much more effective at preventing yeast infections than the acidophilus alone. I just take 1 pill daily, you can take up to 3 pills if you have or feel a yeast infection coming on.

And the PP also gave lots of good advice!

Old 03-08-2007, 07:16 PM   #4
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User

Thanks for the advice. However, I'm a little worried about sticking foreign objects into my vagina. lol. I really wouldn't want something to get stuck in there...But then again, I am willing to try almost anything at this point. I suppose a quick trip to the gyno could remedy such a situation. Another problem I'm having is I'm sure these infections are probably due to a faulty immune system. I've been sick for over a year now and the doctors can't find anything wrong with me except for an elevated white blood cell count that can't be resolved with antibiotics. These yeast infections are just one of the symptoms. I feel terrible pretty much all of the time and these infections are like the icing on the cake...

Last edited by ebon_aurora; 03-08-2007 at 07:20 PM.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:37 PM   #5
(female)

babydawl55 HB User

I feel your pain. In my "Yeast & RePhesh" thread you can read my saga. After many OTC and Diflucan treatments that don't work, I have started the Boric Acid suppositories therapy. Its day 5.....and I am praying this is going to work. Do a ****** search on "Boric Acid Yeast Infection" and check it out. It has been used for centuries and is effective on many strains of candida.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #6
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User

What's strange about my yeast infections, is that I don't have any symptoms until I start engaging in sexual activity. My secretions are clear but when I actually get a mirror and look IN there, as far in as I can see, I can see white. I don't really feel the irritation unless there's something IN there. lol. IE: a tampon or a penis. haha. You get my drift. Its all very odd.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:03 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

How do you know its Yeast? How do you know its not normal secrections??Every womens seretions change throughout the month. Maybe the irratation is the penis/tampon changing your PH balance...causeing a problem???

Old 03-09-2007, 01:35 PM   #8
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hi ,
You know i have the same thing , every month i get a yeast infection and i thought it was the change in horomones or something , but it started when i was taking some pen v for a abcessed tooth a few years back , i treat it and voila back again. Told my doc and he just says evryone has yeast on their skin and that my husband wasn't giveing it back to me , as everytime we had sex i would get it back again lol.... So i don't know what to do either . Is the acidofois safe to take?
Skipa

Old 03-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #9
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha4606 View Post
How do you know its Yeast? How do you know its not normal secrections??Every womens seretions change throughout the month. Maybe the irratation is the penis/tampon changing your PH balance...causeing a problem???

I know its yeast because I've gone to the doctor with the EXACT same symptoms I've been having, he took one look and "Yep, you are full of yeast." I don't have a discharge that I know of. But its definitely in there. I've been having discomfort outside of sexual activity lately. I know its yeast. But after this round of Diflucan and Terazol 7 day cream, I'll make an appointment with my gyno if I think its coming back just to be sure.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

First suggestion: eat yogurt, regularly.
And some questions: do you use condoms? They might be upsetting your pH levels. And is your bf also being treated for yeast? If not, you may just be passing it back and forth.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

wow! It is yeast?? Im sorry, that sucks! I have the same problem. I dont have any answers,except I just keep takin the AZO, and Diflucan, and Acidillious....It tames it somewhat. Good luck.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #12
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User

I went to my local drug store for this AZO I've been hearing about but the only thing I found was something for the treatment of discomfort caused by UTIs. It was called AZO...Where do I find this AZO for yeast?

Old 03-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #13
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hello,
I suffer from the exact same thing and i have just finished about of antibiotic's so i want to keep on top of things as much as i can , monostat burns me quite badly but i find canestan works until i have sex with my hubby and voila yeast inf comes back. Is the acid stuff and azo safe to take , are some kinds better then others ( brands ) , and what amounts do you take ? Any info would be helpful.
Thanks

Old 03-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

AZO YEAST would be at like, walmart...by the feminine products.(and yeast meds)I feel so bad for you, and everyone else on here, us woman suffer so friggin much!!!!! Keep me posted to any improvments and suggestions....good luck!!

Old 03-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #15
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User

Here's an update for you...I did the Terazol cream for 8 days in all and while doing that I took diflucan....On Saturday (Day 8 of the terazol cream) I got drunk and had sex twice (first time in a month). After having sex ONCE I could feel the yeast again. Now I have the worst yeast infection I've ever had. You would think it wouldn't be as bad since I was on the medication. Did the yeast infection just never really go away? Did I make it flare up? Did the friction from the sex plus all the drinking/smoking I did just give me a new infection from hell? Is my bf reinfecting me even though I gave him two of my diflucan about a month ago? How is it that I have a yeast infection worse than before when I was on a mega treatment for yeast infections?!!! Diflucan AND Terazol. Help...

Last edited by ebon_aurora; 03-20-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Closed Thread