It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
(female)

missylala HB User
Unhappy OMG! Im at my wits end!! HELP ME PLZ!

Ok lets see.. where to begin! rrrg! it all started about 15 months ago. went to gyno for yeast infection. I was given diflucan to have it not work completely so dr. gave me another diflucan. It stilll seemed as if the yeast was still there but not sure. I wanted birth control so the same dr discussed my options and because i am a smoker i decied the copper IUD. After 2 months of the yeast problem the dr. inserted my IUD and approximately 2 months after that i get this horrific odor that i cant get rid of. decided to get a second opinion and went to different dr to have all tests show nothing. the most she could tell me is that i was too dry for my age (35). wanted me to try a menapausal cream but i couldnt afford it at the time. I still have the odor and dripping discharge so i go back to the 2nd dr again and still all tests come up with nothing. She gives me metronizadole 2/day for 7 days. that doesnt work so anither appt is made with different 3rd dr and she gives me the metronizadole 2'day for 10 days. She figured the infrction has been there soo long now it may need a longer treatment period. doesnt work! so i go back and the second dr is frustrated with me as i am with her and she wants to make an appt for me to see the shrink and get my head checked! The nerve of this lady! i agree to appt but dont go. The smell comes and goes and usually comes if i get upset and yell. but never seems to be there at any dr appt. I have had sharp pains in lower abdomin right before a bowel movement and the pain instantly goes away. I also noticed with specks in my urine every time i pee. I get burning feeling all the time. i gave up for a while thinking this is useless. Well i cant take anymore and go to a 4th dr and he gave me Bactrim 2'day 7 days which im taking now and have a follow uo in a few days. my relationship is failing. we/I dont know what to do anymore. ive taken acidopholus...no changes. ive asked if my PH is off and she tells me no. oh the reason for the bactrim is because i developed a bladder infection in which i am fighting now. can someone shed dome light on this for me. the odor is embarressing and soo strong that i can clear a rooom minutes gauranteed! is it hopeless? almost forgot everybody seems to sneeze as soon i come near htem. its strange

Last edited by missylala; 03-12-2007 at 12:34 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2007, 02:31 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Jaysea HB User
Re: OMG! Im at my wits end!! HELP ME PLZ!

I suppose you already know that antibiotics cause yeast infections ? I take large doses of acidophilus every time I'm on antibiotics to prevent yeast infections. Works for me. I had a yeast inf yrs ago that wouldn't respond to the usual meds my OB/GYN ordered, so I went to my GP, he reached into his cupboard and gave me a free sample of canestin cream. It worked , and it's the only med that will work for me. You can buy it over the counter in the US. Worth a try.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:54 AM   #3
(female)

missylala HB User

YES i am aware of the antibiotic/yeast thing but im starting to think that maybe the IUD insertion gave me or helped along a bacterial infection. the odor wont go away and its strong. and im not sure about the white things floating in my urine with tiny bubbles. any more suggestions?

Old 03-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #4
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User

Oh...my...god. You have the EXACT same symptoms as me. I too get the sharp, stabbing almost unbearable, pains right before a bowel movement. They only last a few seconds but they're the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I have constant yeast infections and for the past year I've had what looks like tissue paper in my urine. I've had a urinalysis and nothing showed up. I don't have an IUD or anything. I'm not on any kind of birth control. I don't know what could be wrong but I'm only 21 and can't imagine having to live the rest of my life like this. I'm starting to lose hope too.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:53 PM   #5
(female)

missylala HB User

ebon aurora...have you gone to the dr's at all? just curious to see if you have any info that i may have not received. well i go back to my dr on the 15th(3 days) for a complete exam by the 4th dr. maybe he can shed some light for the both of us. i will let you know what happens. do you have the funky odor? its funny you say tissue paper cuz i just pulled out what i think is in my urine something just like tissue paper. i did read another post and the girl said her dr said it may be scar tissue but i dont know.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:25 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

Food can bring on yeast infections as well. Do a search on the net and you will see what foods to eat and not to eat There is more than one type of yeast infection. One is treated by cream and the other by doctor orders only. Do not try the one night cream by MOnistat. My doctor told me that it can either clear it up of make it worse. Do the 7 day cream.
Here is some info he gave me
A vaginal yeast infection is caused by an overgrowth of yeast organisms that normally live in small numbers in the vagina. Factors that encourage an excess growth of vaginal yeast include:

Using antibiotics.
Having high estrogen levels (hyperestrogenemia), such as during pregnancy, hormone replacement therapy (HRT or ERT) use, high-dose birth control pill use, and the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle.1
Having diabetes, especially if your blood sugars are not well controlled and tend to be high.
Having an impaired immune system.
Using corticosteroids, such as prednisone.
Being overweight.
Having the genital area exposed to moisture for a long period of time (for example, wearing a wet bathing suit all day) or living in a warm, humid climate.
Most yeast infections involve Candida albicans (C. albicans), a yeast that can be treated effectively with standard yeast infection medication. Recurrent vaginal yeast infections tend to involve non–C. albicans types of yeast, which are more resistant to the standard treatments for C. albicans yeast infections.

Jenteal

Old 03-13-2007, 09:10 PM   #7
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User

I wanted to mention, that I have in fact done a search on the net for what they call the "anti-candida" diet and it is virtually impossible for someone to stick to. Its basically chicken, fish, and certain vegetables with no seasoning except for minimal salt. I've read in some places that some fruits are allowed. There's more to it than just that too. It seriously has to be the strictest diet on the planet. Honestly, I might be able to do it with the help of a nutritionist or something along those lines. But by myself...I don't think I could do it. And I'm assuming that most people would feel the same way.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:02 PM   #8
(female)

missylala HB User

Jenteal,

i sppreciate all the info ! I am seriously starting to wonder why i had discharge that was "dripping" and such an overly strong kind of fishy odor that is plain nasty. I dont go anywhere anymore due to fear of having it flare up because the vagina gets super hot and then comes the odor right after and sopmetimes lingers for a couple days! and at other times nothing. It is truly ruining my life!! Do yeast infections carry those symptoms at all?

Old 03-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

Missylala, The symptoms your discribing is BV.You need to see your doctor and get medicine for that.BV carries the fishy odor.Hopefully, one dose of meds will clear it up.I had it for over a year. Good luck...keep posting.Shannon

Last edited by DNSX3; 03-14-2007 at 09:28 AM.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:12 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Jaysea HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by missylala View Post
im not sure about the white things floating in my urine with tiny bubbles. any more suggestions?

The white things are yeast. In a severe infection you'll see them when you pee, but they aren't coming from your bladder. They are discharged from the vagina. Try the canesten. Btw, if by any chance you're using preparation H, stop. It has yeast in it and will aggravate a yeast infection.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #11
(female)

dani_florida HB User

I feel for you! The running back to the doctor sounded just like me when I used to suffer from recurring BV. I had the fishy odor as well. I suffered for over 4 years with it. I heard about Tindamax online and I asked my gyno for some. I saw relief within 3 days. I've been BV free for 2 years now. Ask your dr. about it. It may be worth a try.

Good luck!!

Old 03-30-2007, 10:22 PM   #12
(female)

missylala HB User
Angry Re: OMG! Im at my wits end!! HELP ME PLZ!

Ok Heres The Update With 4th Dr.( Hes Seems Good By The Way). He Gives Me Bactrim I tablet 2 A/day For 7 Days And It Actuallly Seems As If It Was Getting Better But The Meds Ran Out And He Has Me Come Back In 1 Week For Vaginal Exam. He Did The Swab Thing And Came Back And Told Me He Found Traces Of Bacteria And Perscribed Yet Another Round Of Flagyl 1 Twic A Day For 7 Days. All The Meds Are Gone And I Am Still Th Esame. Unbeleivable!! What Can I Do Plz Help Me!!

Missylala

Last edited by missylala; 03-31-2007 at 02:13 PM.

Old 03-31-2007, 06:31 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

For some people the bactrim can cause the BV to be worse. At least that is what the doctor said. It eaither works or it doesn't .

Jenteal

Old 03-31-2007, 09:20 PM   #14
(female)

missylala HB User

I Dont Think I Mentionedthis In The Beginning But Right After The Insertion Of My Iud The Dr Was Leaving The Room So I Could Dress But Stopped And Said Dont Panic But You Will Probably See Some Blood And I Quote "green Stuff" I Can Understan The Blood But What Would The Nasty Looking Green Stuff Have Been. I Wanted To Get Sick And Couldnt For The Life Of Me Think What The Green Stuff Could Of Possibly Come From. Does Anybody Know? Im About Ready To Tske The Iud Out Because Al This Started When I Got It And Im Starting To Wonder If Its Worth It And I Decided Already,,,its Not!!!

Thanks Jenteal..the Bactrim Seemes To Have A Good Effect But Maybe I Needed A Longer Dose Of It. I Almost Felt Symptom Free Aor A Day Or So

Old 04-20-2007, 08:21 AM   #15
(female)

missylala HB User
Exclamation Re: OMG! Im at my wits end!! HELP ME PLZ!

ok i am scheduked to have the iud removed on the 25th of this month but there has once again...last weekend i drcided to have sex for the first time in a long time. we used a condom of course and everything seemed fine except maybe a slight odor but heres where it turns real bad...the next morning i started to feel a lil uncomfortable down there. it was starting to get a little bit itchy like yeast infection AND i noticed that i now have these large bumps under the skin that are very painful at this point. they kind of have a white head on them and i could actually squeeze it out just like a pimple. but they are big hard lumps and i have no clue as to what these could be. im desperate can anyone tell me anythiong about this? this is definately the 2 worst yrs of my entire life!! plz help me

Closed Thread