It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 10:29 AM   #1
(female)

BumpkinPumpkin HB User
Early to mid forties...is this when the menstral cycle starts to flucuate?

Okay, I don't get this. Last month my period came 29 days after my last period started. This month, I am on my 31st day after the last one started and still nothing. Is this an age related thing? I don't take BCP's, I have my tubes tied, so I don't know what is up with this. It seemed like I had PMS symptoms about less than a week ago, but still nothing. I'm starting to feel something is very wrong. Any advice?

Old 03-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User
Re: Early to mid forties...is this when the menstral cycle starts to flucuate?

You very well could be entering peri-menopause. You can see your gynecologist and get blood tests run to confirm it. My mom is going through that now, she is 48, I think she mentioned it started a few years ago for her. She also had her tubes tied when she was quite young (23) after my sister was born due to complications with the pregnancy. She has sometimes longer times between periods and sometimes very short (2 weeks). She says the flow is a lot heavier too now than she used to experience.

It is possible this is what you are going through. A gynecologist can run hormone tests to confirm it, though there's not much to do about it other than hormone replacement therapy (which has some pros but also many cons).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2007, 03:13 PM   #3
(female)

BumpkinPumpkin HB User

What is the worst case scenario of a missed period or absent period?

Old 03-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User

Late, missed, heavy, shorter periods are all part of peri-menopause. You could easily be peri. Many women start it in their late 30's- early 40's. If you miss a month or more the next period could be heavier, but not always. Read some of the posts on the menopause board to understand more about the changes during peri. It will help alot to understand about hormones changes and the fun time you are entering! Good luck.

Closed Thread