It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2007, 12:22 AM   #1
(female)

tasha92337 HB User
Extremely UnderWeight!!!

Hi, im 5'8 and i weigh 130lbs. One minute im fine next minute im under weight. Well my grandmother passed away last year, and my body hasnt been the same since. I lost alot of weight and its really hard to gain it back. Ive been eating, but i feel like my thyroid is part of the reason.
Its hard for me to put on weight now a days......

Old 03-14-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
(female)

babydawl55 HB User
Re: Extremely UnderWeight!!!

I know what you mean. I am 5'7" and weigh an astounding 100 pounds. The thing is....I have ALWAYS been like this. The most I ever weighed was 115....and that was only because I was going out every night and drinking every night!

I have two brothers, and they are the same as me...very slender. When we were young kids, my mother put us on the protein-weight gainer shakes. My brothers got some more body mass...but I stayed the same.

But I know that even though most women won't understand why we would want to GAIN weight.....it is a constanst self image battle, very similar to overweight women. When I was in high school, bitchy girls would tell the principal that I had an eating disorder. My parents were brought in, and they just laughed at her.

In my teens I went to several doctors and nutritionists to inquire about gaining weight (mainly because I wanted boobs). They at first were worried that I had an eating problem.....but after monitoring me, realizing that my body was perfectly healthy...finally stopped being concerned. I'm now 27 and have come to accept the fact that this is my body's natural weight. I am healthy. I don't eat a ton of sweets like people say they would if they had my metabolism. I eat sensible food because I don't like putting garbage in my body. I am who I am.

My advice to you is to not obsess that something is wrong with you. If you eat normal food, and do NOT have an eating disorder, and you have been like this your entire life.......chances are this is the weight that your body is comfortable with.

And also, if it was a problem with your thyroid....you would be experiencing high blood pressure and an insanely fast heart beat. My best friend has an overactive thyroid, and her symptoms are nothing to be taken lightly. If it was your tyhroid, you'd know it.

Good luck and enjoy who you are <3

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
(female)

tasha92337 HB User

Wow, atleast im not the only one who suffers this. Well actually i was going to go to the docter and get a B-12 injection. that increases appetite and weight gain. Its more of my upper body that i look sickly. I did take peractin and that HELPED ALOT. i gained the most weight ever. Even my mom noticed but i only bought a 30 day supply so shortly after, i lost it all. Then my grandmother passed. and i havent been the same since.
**Im looking more into getting the B-12 Injection instead of a hormonal shot. I dont think thats necessary. Im just desperate to gain some weight.
It was to the point that i thought about going on birth control pills..

Old 03-15-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
(female)

luvmy2kids HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha92337 View Post
Hi, im 5'8 and i weigh 130lbs.
I don't think that sounds underweight - at least, it doesn't sound EXTREMELY underweight. I'm 5'9" and I weigh 127lbs and I don't consider myself underweight, just thin. I know that technically I probably am, but I don't look underweight and I definitely don't feel underweight! I have chunks of fat over my hips since I had my daughter last year! I know it's easier said than done, but if you want to gain weight just eat more and eat a higher fat/calorie diet. Definitely see your doc for bloodwork if you suspect that you have thyroid issues.

Last edited by luvmy2kids; 03-15-2007 at 09:53 AM.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:56 AM   #5
(female)

tasha92337 HB User

Yeah, i guess ur right, im not extremely underweight. But i look it.
Im sure you were also smaller than what u were before u had your child. I wish i cud just gain pregancy weight but not keep the baby....lol

I do have an appt. to see my docter for Vitamin B-12 injection shots. So well c

Old 03-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #6
(female)

newsomeday HB User

Although I am only 5'1" I have always been thin and underweight, at 29, the pounds that the women in my family said would catch up with me are still lagging behind in the race so to speak. I stated drinking insure, dietary suppliment along with a hight protien multivitamin. This in addition to eating my meals later in the day. I have gained about 5 pounds this year. I can tell, which is enough for me.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:55 PM   #7
(female)

tasha92337 HB User

My friend recommended peracatin pills. They help with weight gain alot

Closed Thread